• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Ptc ppp

Why not push yourself and go for 20kg on the squat and deadlift? Remember it is nearly 3 months of lifting, if you do it right you should be able to get the 20kg I reckon. Maybe Markos can chime in with what he recommends?

My PR's are in my sig, and now Im going for a squat of 160 and deadlift of 220.

I tend to agree. Go for plus 20kg, if you fail a week twice, drop it 5kg etc.

One thing I have find with PPP is that the first 6 or so weeks can be too easy if you dont really pick a challenging final weight.

Yeah exactly what Paullie said. Every target weight is programmed the same. if you fail just drop the target.

Gareth, Just a question for you.

Why are you deadlifting in Olympic shoes?
These shoes have a elevated heel and are great for squating, but for deadlifting, they tend throw you forward. In addition, wearing these shoes you are higher off the ground, which in turn increases the distance that you must pull the bar.

Have you tried deadlifting in your socks or a pair of wreslting shoes, which have no elevated heel? I think you will find that you will be able to deadlift more wearing these as opposed to deadlifting in olympic shoes.

I am really surprised that your coach has not picked up on this.

I wish I was 175cm. 165cm :(

JDizzle's system of PPP sounds pretty good, I'm currently on very optimistic jumps.

Deadlift +30kg, bench +20kg, squat +20.
I've got +15kg on the deadlift and failed once so far (week 9), bench also failed week 9. Squat I'm on week 10 :)

Note that I did do assistance work before starting this round of PPP so I probably gained a little bit on the deadlift / squat and didn't do much 1 rep-max testing.
The bench was definitely tested and that was either 120kg or 122.5kg without a pause.

I'm going to lift at the commercial gym tomorrow (since I'm still paying them membership) but will be down on Saturday Markos...

He's tried deadlifting in socks and he pulls less. He finds them better cos he uses the exact same stance for his squats as he does with deadlift.

So I finished my first cycle of PPP today and loved it. Set new PBs of Squat=150/Bench=110/Deadlift=165.

Now I'll be taking 2 weeks off from PPP, but have already looked ahead to the next cycle. Should I be aiming for something like this:

Squat +15kg
Bench +10kg
Deadlift +15kg

Thoughts? For what it's worth, the bench was the hardest one to achieve.

Cheers.

Glad you liked it big fella.

Those numbers seem about right. The bench will ALWAYS be the hardest as it makes up a smaller % of your total.

Gareth, Just a question for you.

Why are you deadlifting in Olympic shoes?
These shoes have a elevated heel and are great for squating, but for deadlifting, they tend throw you forward. In addition, wearing these shoes you are higher off the ground, which in turn increases the distance that you must pull the bar.

Have you tried deadlifting in your socks or a pair of wreslting shoes, which have no elevated heel? I think you will find that you will be able to deadlift more wearing these as opposed to deadlifting in olympic shoes.

I am really surprised that your coach has not picked up on this.

Interesting comments, and as his coach, I'll answer.

For what purpose are weightlifting shoes made?

Pulling heavy weights off the floor, not squatting, as squatting is NOT a lift in Weightlifting.

Why would wearing the shoes hamper Gareth, which they dont.

He uses the same stance for deadlifting as squatting, therefore using pretty much the same muscles. This would alter if he wore flat shoes.

He pulls 225kg at 85kg, he is going okay.

Do you really think we didnt try lifting in flat soles.

Do we appear that dumb.

Another thing we found is that Nina pulls more weight standing on a block, so being higher doesnt mean you'll pull less if your legs are stronger than your back

I've considered having her lift in pumps lol

We dont play follow the leader in our gym, we try everything

Hope this explanation helps

Not to take this thread too far off track - but I agree with Markos. He watched me take my Do-Wins off to deadlift, and told me to have a go wearing them. I absolutely sucked - new position, different angles etc. I persisted with the advice of someone more experienced than me, and added 10kg to my PB in the next session (160kg > 170kg - my deadlift figures are low, but I think it proves a point).

Cheers,

Aaron.

Not to take this thread too far off track - but I agree with Markos. He watched me take my Do-Wins off to deadlift, and told me to have a go wearing them. I absolutely sucked - new position, different angles etc. I persisted with the advice of someone more experienced than me, and added 10kg to my PB in the next session (160kg > 170kg - my deadlift figures are low, but I think it proves a point).

Interesting. I've tried with them off but due to the change in muscle groups used the lift starts feeling very uncomfortable off the ground, I might try it again without the shoes but not while lifting heavy :)

I don't really have an issue off the ground, its part-way up that is my usual sticking point where the lift starts getting difficult if its heavy.

I might try it again without the shoes but not while lifting heavy :)

What I meant, Gareth, was that I persisted with wearing them even though they didn't feel quite right... but within a few lifts they were feeling much better.

I'd say stick to whatever's working! :D

Cheers,

Aaron.

Ppp is the best system I have ever used. My last 1rm squat was 185. I hadn't trained for a while so was doing 185 ppp program and was up to week 7.

I felt ballsy so a few sets in tried some pb's got 205 and can probably get 210 next time.

So now I'm starting 230 squat 145 bench 250 dead cycles. I hope everyone is getting good results as well.

Ppp is the best system I have ever used. My last 1rm squat was 185. I hadn't trained for a while so was doing 185 ppp program and was up to week 7.

I felt ballsy so a few sets in tried some pb's got 205 and can probably get 210 next time.

So now I'm starting 230 squat 145 bench 250 dead cycles. I hope everyone is getting good results as well.

Thats awesome man!

Im up to week9 on 190 Dead. Just did 2 175 singles and feel i have some left in the tank so all good there.

Week 8 on 150 Squats after failing 140kg last Monday. Will try again tonight!

Week 7 on 135 Bench after failing this week twice. Im dopping this one down to 125 and doing week 7 on wednesday.

I have hit a PB for reps in the dead cycle (162.5 x 3) and my last 1rm was 180kg like 9 months ago. I doubled 175 on friday...

With squats my Pb was 127.5kg. I have hit PB's from week6 where i tripled 127.5. And have squatted 135 x 1 last week for a PB as well.

Im really struggling on bench though. I have benched 122.5kg not too long ago but struggled to bench 117.5kg last wednesday.

All in all i am having pretty good results (apart from bench) and i am currently eating under maintenance. I can only imagine the gains i would be having if i was eating over maintenance.

Im loving this program :)

Thats some great lifting Christian and Jimbo, I knew I shouldve charged more lol

All orders placed this morning have been emailed out, thanks fellas

I should mention something that has really impressed me.

When I get contacted by someone in regards to purchasing PPP, I reply with my details AND a copy of PPP attached, before I receive payment.

I have yet to have anyone simply keep the program and not forward on the payment.

This level of honesty impresses me

Thank you

Well since everyone else is posting testamonials, I'll jump in.

I got myself to Marko's "intermediate" level, for deads and squat, by running 2 jumps per week of PPP, I know this is not how the program is intended to run, but I fast tracked it, as I knew I had it in me. Before I finished the 180 cycle for deadlift, I had pulled 190, and the 140 for squats came earlier then week 11 too. I'm still 20kg off for bench, but I am running the 90kg cycle for bench and I am progressing very well, and am optimistic for being able to go further than 90kg on week 11.

Just purchased a copy of PPP. This is exactly the kind of style of instruction I always look for. Clear, concise, no fucking about. Very impressed.

Ive really only just started out as a beginner, but I look forward to when I can start on this PPP. Lots of people getting unreal results. Keep up the hard work guys.

I should mention something that has really impressed me.

When I get contacted by someone in regards to purchasing PPP, I reply with my details AND a copy of PPP attached, before I receive payment.

I have yet to have anyone simply keep the program and not forward on the payment.

This level of honesty impresses me

Thank you

Ooh, you shouldn't of said that, now I'm gonna get myself a free copy!

Just kidding, but hopefully no one else will now that you've said that lol.

Ooh, you shouldn't of said that, now I'm gonna get myself a free copy!

Just kidding, but hopefully no one else will now that you've said that lol.

Haha, I don't think anyone would want the PTC gang hunting you down for an overdue payment :p.