• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

quark over cottage cheese?

Alpha Moth

quark is low in carbohydrate as well as fat, unlike cottage cheese which has almost twice the sugar - and a lot of protein.

Anyone else eat it? Or have recipes to make it taste better? haha

ah fair enough... is the taste similar? i dont think iv ever seen this at coles or anything. i likes my cottage cheese anywho :)

Anyone remember the name of a sci fi show, with Capt Quark? May of been Commander Quark.

I can't think of it and it's bugging me.

If you can find it around you, then go for it, but all i can find around me is cottage cheese :(

Got me some Quark today [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; and [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];
I then compared it to my cottage cheese and I must say the CC has a much better profile. less fat and higher protein content.
Hope fully it tastes better than CC otherwise i see no real reason to buy it over CC.

The advantage is the price Shrek
Those tubs in coles are expensive as fuck, make your own and it's cheap

You simmer milk, add buttermilk until it starts to separate then strain it in the fridge
This removes all the sugars and you're just left with the protein and fat and costs you hardly anything

You simmer milk, add buttermilk until it starts to separate then strain it in the fridge
This removes all the sugars and you're just left with the protein and fat and costs you hardly anything

Or just get woolworths home brand creamed cottage cheese. I normally knock off half a kilo of it before bed at $2.90 for 500grams. Although this is 12 grams of fat with about 20grams of milk sugars per 500grams with 57grams of protein. Not ideal for the predator/apex/keto/rampage diet you're running.

Got me some Quark today [MENTION=8399]0ni[/MENTION]; and [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION];
I then compared it to my cottage cheese and I must say the CC has a much better profile. less fat and higher protein content.
Hope fully it tastes better than CC otherwise i see no real reason to buy it over CC.

I used to have for the taste nothing else really, protein is a bonus.

Or just get woolworths home brand creamed cottage cheese. I normally knock off half a kilo of it before bed at $2.90 for 500grams. Although this is 12 grams of fat with about 20grams of milk sugars per 500grams with 57grams of protein. Not ideal for the predator/apex/keto/rampage diet you're running.

Woolies home brand is the BEST tasting cottage cheese