• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Question / Split. Looking for advice.

Nightlight

Hey guys.
I have been going to the gym for about 4.5 months now, you can see my changes in another thread but here is my dilemma.
About 3.5 months in I had a school camp for my HSC, i went and screwed up my diet, came back and had my trial exams. Diet stayed like shit and had to take roughly a month off gym, going on the occasional when i could fit it in.
However my diet is still shit.

Trials are finishing and well here's my question,
It's going to take awhile to get back into the lifestyle again, i need a change and i really want to go on a split.
Can anyone help me out with a split?

Currently my lifts are somewhat
Squat - 105KG
Deadlift - 105KG
Curls - 35KG
Military press - 40KG
Bench - 65KG

All are recent lifts, even with the month off about 4.5 months in.
Please show me some effective splits, i think it's time for a change to get back into enjoying the gym, Squats/Deadlifts on the same day with 105KG is taking its tole, can't push my other lifts.

Also, can someone recommend a cut for my brother?
He wants to cut but has no knowledge on it what-so-ever.

Thanks fellas!

Your a beginner, do a beginner routine.
Post the diet (cut) question in another thread.

Starting strength is a good one or the beginner routines stuck here.

If you really want go for an upper/lower 4 day split but seriously if you get your other shit under control and lower your stress levels and eat enough you will have no problem with the beginner program for a few more months.

Do one of the beginner routines here. A decent split will work but not as good as one of the beginner routines.

As for cut advise for your brother. Start with eating less.

Crikey, where to start.

who told you split set-ups are more effective?

You wrote; "Diet stayed like shit and had to take roughly a month off gym, going on the occasional when i could fit it in".

Actions verify priorities...your first task is to think about; how serious am I.

if you did some reading you would empowered to do something about this, there is one thing that you can control in life, that's health and how strong you want to be.
You know that a very effective workout can be done in 10 to 15 minutes?

I would go as far to say that it is even more effective than your standard workout, but it's brutal and tough.

Crikey, where to start.

who told you split set-ups are more effective?

You wrote; "Diet stayed like shit and had to take roughly a month off gym, going on the occasional when i could fit it in".

Actions verify priorities...your first task is to think about; how serious am I.

if you did some reading you would empowered to do something about this, there is one thing that you can control in life, that's health and how strong you want to be.
You know that a very effective workout can be done in 10 to 15 minutes?

I would go as far to say that it is even more effective than your standard workout, but it's brutal and tough.

I figured...and well still do that my studies are more important then going to the gym for awhile. Just need something to light my ass on fire again which is why i wanted to move to a split, plus i thought it would be beneficial to move onto a split when my lifts started hitting the 100kg mark to add mass after around 4 months. Quite clearly i was mistaken :).

So the verdict is to stick with my current squat/deadlift etc routine?

Doing Markos routine currently. I would assume there all similar.
The purpose of me posting this thread was too see if i was ready and would benefit more on a split then a strength-based routine.
Seems not, I trust you guys so i'll just continue for a few more months.

Keep doing Markos' routine till you hit his beginner lifts 140/100/180. Fix your diet and you'll be fine with the squat & DL on the same day.

Fuuurk mate, 1 hour a day, 3 times a week=3 hours of your life for a better life. I think Andy hit the nail on the head.....ask yourself "HOW SERIOUS AM I". I'm not gonna brag about commitment, I only been lifting for 8 weeks, but its changed my life and you sound like you need to too. Do a full body workout 3 times a week, focus on compound lifts and than your set mate. I think something like that is doable long term for you, given that your so busy and it only takes 3 hours a week to do, maybe a bit more for travel to and from, but you will get results with something you can stick to long term. Good luck and hope you find what your after.