• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Questions about PTC's beginner program and creatine.

N

nick351

Hey everyone, this may be a stupid question so sorry for the inconvenience!

Keen to start PTC's beginner program ASAP, been off training for a while now due to some surgery.

Does the time of day for a training session affect performance and results? Especially with this program? E.g. An early morning (7am session) compared to and afternoon session?

And also keen to add creatine mono to my diet, was told to load up like this:
1. 5gm with breakfast
2. 5gm with quick carbs before work out
3. 5gm after workout with protein
4. 5gm with dinner

Steps 1-4 for one week, then 2+3 there after.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks in advance. These are genuine questions.

Does the time of day for a training session affect performance and results? Especially with this program? E.g. An early morning (7am session) compared to and afternoon session?

Different for everyone mate - Shrek and I like to train late. Do it whenever you feel best.

1. 5gm with breakfast
4. 5gm with dinner

Never used the stuff myself so don't know.

Some people swear by it.

Plenty of people have gotten big and strong without it.

Creatine is like adding octane booster to your fuel, If you dont have a performance car that is tuned for it thre wont be any difference. But if you are at maxium performance you might get a bit more out of the tank..

Until that time comes eat big lift big sleep long..

Yeh thats what I thought about training times, I work evenings and I enjoy morning sessions although I find I lift better in the arvo. Thanks again.

Your testosterone is highest of a mornine, but then so is cortisol... Training in the properly will increase testosterone so you may have a boost of it in the afternoon...
Train when ever you feel comfortable.

1. 5gm with breakfast
4. 5gm with dinner

Thanks in advance. These are genuine questions.
Loading is not neccessary but it will help reach peak saturation levels quicker.
5gm spread through the day.
Don't take creatine with food or protein it will slow the absorbpion rate.
take it with grape juice on it's own or with dextrose.
Also after loading phase is complete just take 5gms per day not 10, You can take this 5gms anytime of the day.

The best (and most honest) replies I've seen not just here on Ausbb, but on any forum anywhere. You guys should start charging! Bravo to Ben, n00bs, and Shrek.

Fadi.

Ive always run a similair loading to what you said nick, but ive got a queestion too about it, after loading for this week and you go back to normal dosage say pre and post workout, what happens on the days off, i run a 5 day mon-fri. never train sat or sun, so do i simply not take a dose of crea on these non training days or take 1 dose to keep the body saturated, wont it greatly decrease in the system when skipped for these 2x days.

The best (and most honest) replies I've seen not just here on Ausbb, but on any forum anywhere. You guys should start charging! Bravo to Ben, n00bs, and Shrek.

Fadi.
Thanks mate.

Ive always run a similair loading to what you said nick, but ive got a queestion too about it, after loading for this week and you go back to normal dosage say pre and post workout, what happens on the days off, i run a 5 day mon-fri. never train sat or sun, so do i simply not take a dose of crea on these non training days or take 1 dose to keep the body saturated, wont it greatly decrease in the system when skipped for these 2x days.

Take creatine everyday, training and non-training days to keep levels stable.
Take prior to 1st meal or any time really, it does not matter when.

I'm with n00bs on this one. Save the creatine for when you get stronger. As a beginner it'll not make any difference.

As an example, my own lifts, coming from being sedentary, unfit, weak and overweight, were achieved with several months' work and good food, no supplements at all except skim milk powder. My lifts are not impressive by any means, but they are more than what the typical person with no athletic background can do the first day they walk into the gym, and they are done with a bad back in my late 30s, too.

Pick a beginner's routine, do at least 2 workouts a week, eat plenty of good food, and get good rest. Save the octane for when you get your high performance engine, as n00bs put it.

Thanks everyone for your input, will take all of this onboard when planning out my diet!
Posted via Mobile Device