• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Questions to officials of different powerlifting federations

It would be too easy to accidentally touch it with the bar if your descent is imbalanced which would lead to a disqualification. Seriously it won't ever be considered.

Won't ever be considered. Lol. Ok.

Look at the changes just in the last few years to make things safer.

It's also easy to accidentally touch the rack already.

I would have though making things safer, especially for bench, were you are under a bar with no way out would be considered and they have already been doing that.

Fuck powerlifters are a shitty fucking bunch when anyone suggests anything.

Won't ever be considered. Lol. Ok.

Look at the changes just in the last few years to make things safer.

It's also easy to accidentally touch the rack already.

I would have though making things safer, especially for bench, were you are under a bar with no way out would be considered and they have already been doing that.

Fuck powerlifters are a shitty fucking bunch when anyone suggests anything.

I was trying to be polite as I can Bazz but of course you have to be your usual self.

And yes there is already a risk of touching the facesavers or the uprights so why make it worse. If there was anything to be considered it would have been considered years ago.

And what changes? As far as I know (at least in the IPF) there are no new changes really being considered safety-wise (and the IPF tends to be at the forefront of most basic rules changes).

I was trying to be polite as I can Bazz but of course you have to be your usual self.

And yes there is already a risk of touching the facesavers or the uprights so why make it worse. If there was anything to be considered it would have been considered years ago. As far as I know (at least in the IPF) there are no new changes really being considered safety-wise (and the IPF tends to be at the forefront of most basic rules changes).

I am my usual self just as you are.

I would think lifter safety especially for big benches would be under consideration but what an outrageous suggestion by me.

I am my usual self just as you are.

I would think lifter safety especially for big benches would be under consideration but what an outrageous suggestion by me.

Well you're talking to a big bencher and I actually feel quite safe with the rules we have already thank you very much and I think your suggestion would actually make the situation worse.

Well you're talking to a big bencher and I actually feel quite safe with the rules we have already thank you very much and I think your suggestion would actually make the situation worse.

It's just my opinion. Personally I would rather have pins stopping a bar from crushing my chest, heart area rather than people.

It's just my opinion. Personally I would rather have pins stopping a bar from crushing my chest, heart area rather than people.

You'd end up with people being disqualified more often and possible injuring their wrist/pec/shoulder from collisions with the pins. Its a bad idea, believe me.

And also believe me, its very uncommon for people to have their chest crushed outside of a few freak accidents, and in the most recent case I can think of poor spotting was a major factor.

You'd end up with people being disqualified more often and possible injuring their wrist/pec/shoulder from collisions with the pins. Its a bad idea, believe me.

And also believe me, its very uncommon for people to have their chest crushed outside of a few freak accidents, and in the most recent case I can think of poor spotting was a major factor.

Poor spotting is always a potential factor because you have people spotting and people fuck up.

It's also very uncommon to have a car accident but we put seat belts on every time we jump in.

Big benches will have 4 spotters and face savers, powerlifting is an inherently dangerous sport, no need to wrap everyone in cotton wool and make it an ever worse spectator sport.

Poor spotting is always a potential factor because you have people spotting and people fuck up.

It's also very uncommon to have a car accident but we put seat belts on every time we jump in.

Whatever you want to think Bazz but it won't happen.

Big benches will have 4 spotters and face savers, powerlifting is an inherently dangerous sport, no need to wrap everyone in cotton wool and make it an ever worse spectator sport.

Apart from deads the spectator aspect of it is non existent anyway.

Have you been to any meets baz?

GPC ones are actually a lot of fun generally, but your right, deads are always the best.

Have you been to any meets baz?

GPC ones are actually a lot of fun generally, but your right, deads are always the best.

No I haven't but would like to one day.

I'm just asking the question. Not sure why some people need to get so defensive about any questions regarding powerlifting

Ok mate.

Bet 10 years ago people thought monos with straps wouldn't be common. Face savers too.

Face savers have been around for quite a while I think. At least in the IPF on the old ER racks and the eleiko sets. Monos have been around for a good 30 years at least but are not universally accepted across all feds. I fucking hate them personally. What's your point?

As much as you think you're throwing out better ideas here Bazz you really don't understand the sport well enough to consider all of the aspects. You're just going "safety, safety, safety" in response to incidents that are literally freak accidents bit taking no other aspects of the sport into consideration. You're idea sucks and it won't happen for the various reasons that have already been outlined so stop going on like a broken record.

I'm just asking the question. Not sure why some people need to get so defensive about any questions regarding powerlifting

Who's being defensive? We've just said your idea won't work and won't be considered, repeatedly.

Face savers have been around for quite a while I think. At least in the IPF on the old ER racks and the eleiko sets. Monos have been around for a good 30 years at least but are not universally accepted across all feds. I fucking hate them personally. What's your point?

As much as you think you're throwing out better ideas here Bazz you really don't understand the sport well enough to consider all of the aspects. You're just going "safety, safety, safety" in response to incidents that are literally freak accidents bit taking no other aspects of the sport into consideration. You're idea sucks and it won't happen for the various reasons that have already been outlined so stop going on like a broken record.

Your reasons have been useless.

I'm not being defensive lol, I was just wondering.

GPC has really changed the look and feel of powerlifting in Australia, and I think the general gym goer actually gets excited to come and watch our comps now.

I'm not being defensive lol, I was just wondering.

GPC has really changed the look and feel of powerlifting in Australia, and I think the general gym goer actually gets excited to come and watch our comps now.

Not referring to you.

Can actually have a decent conversation with you about the sport.

I like what you have been doing. Listening to what people want and being progressive in the sport rather than head in the sand stuff.

Thanks mate.
I think GPC is doing a great job of balancing the 3 major facets of growing powerlifting
- What the lifters want
- What the spectators want
- Having the right people on the committee.

We have over 230 starts entered at out comp, close to double the lifters any other fed has ever attracted (and we didn't need to spend over 100k) so I think things are looking up.