• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

R Alpha Lipoic Acid Burning Sensation anyone?

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
For those that take R-ALA, do you get a burning sensation in the stomach 15-30 minutes after ingesting it? Mine is in capsule form from BN. If so, is that generally a good thing or should I be doing something about it? Eg, take an antacid because it does remind me of a minor case of heartburn every time it happens. I take 2 x 200mg with food and as close to 12 hours apart as possible, as kindly suggested on the label.

I haven't taken R-ALA for quite a while but when i did I didn't get any burning sensations in the stomach.

I guess it would depend how you are using it.
Sounds like your stomach is quite empty when taking this?
Are you using it to manage carbohydrates?
Usually consumed with your carbohydrate meals which shouldn't be too much of a problem with stomach burn.

Perhaps you are taking it with carbs already but it could be that this is a new introduction to your body and you may still be adjusting?

I use it as an antioxidant and for recovery. I'll see if it makes a difference after a high carb meal but so far whether its on an empty stomach or not doesn't seem to matter - the (mild) burning sensation is still there. Weird!

I use it as an antioxidant and for recovery. I'll see if it makes a difference after a high carb meal but so far whether its on an empty stomach or not doesn't seem to matter - the (mild) burning sensation is still there. Weird!

Would you say you are fairly new to this supplement, Jungman?
If so, I see you take 400mg in one go. Give 200mg a try for a while and see if this fixes the problem OR, rather than 400mg in one go, space this out further, so perhaps 200mg an hour or two apart.

Usually burning sensations (I get this from too much of our Liver Complex in one go but seemed to fix this when spaced out more) is usually due to too much entering the body at one time.
However, you may be sensitive to this perhaps as I used to add RALA in my workout drinks at much higher amounts without discomfort.

I think a bit of trial and error here will do the trick.