• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommend me a Multivatimin (cheap)

Saw Palmetto at 160mg.

I'm just being a prick really.. but it seems like lessening conversion to DHT is obligatory for most of these 'Men's Formulas', and I'm not sure why it's necessary for most people.

Saw Palmetto at 160mg.

I'm just being a prick really.. but it seems like lessening conversion to DHT is obligatory for most of these 'Men's Formulas', and I'm not sure why it's necessary for most people.

It isnt... Unless you have problems, but people love "special nutrients" Im not saying it doesnt have a place. But DHT is not an evil hormone. It is responsible for alot of our sex drive and other androgenic functions. But like most things too much of a good thing = problems... However the increased DHT that causes problems is usually because oestrogen metabolities have been increased that upregulate DHT so taking care of oestrogen should take care of excess DHT in most.

Personally i dont use it, i use stinging nettle root simply because it helps prevent the binding of testosterone to SHBG. So more free testosterone...

On the note of DHT. Creatine has been shown to increase test>dht conversion... So people lacking may be able to use this to help boost some libido (off topic i know but its interesting nonethe less. )
Three Weeks of Creatine Monohydrate Supplementation Affects... : Clinical Journal of Sport Medicine

Thanks for the info Noobs, pretty interesting stuff. Are you able to recommend a Fish Oil supplement from Iherb?

Also OT but I thought (very limited knowledge though) that DHT was the stuff that 'blocked' estrogen lol.. what was that called??

Thanks for the info Noobs, pretty interesting stuff. Are you able to recommend a Fish Oil supplement from Iherb?

Also OT but I thought (very limited knowledge though) that DHT was the stuff that 'blocked' estrogen lol.. what was that called??

SERMs (drugs) block oestrogens actions at receptor sites...

DHT is the hormone created form testosterone at the 5-a-reductase enzyme.

1331341-1331362-924291-1706180.jpg

Is there any reason why you're trying to suppress DHT barlo?

I don't choose this Multi specifically for its Saw Palmetto dosage. I just buy this one coz it's an ok spectrum multi and works out cheaper then NOW's tabs and caps varieties.

Hello,

Basically ive been getting sick a lot lately and i think its because i don't get enough vitamins from my food.

What is a cheap but good multivitamin that will last me a while? Talking about from an online store here.

Rather than sending you into the direction of isolated nutrients, I would much rather take a different approach and have you investigate whole food concentrates or complexes instead.

An approach like this for example: http://www.iherb.com/Irwin-Naturals-Men-s-Living-Green-Liquid-Gel-Multi-90-Liquid-Soft-Gels/7127?at=0

Please note that I am not recommending this product or any other, just simply asking you to take a holistic approach to nutrients instead of one of isolation, that's all. All the best.

Fadi.

Rather than sending you into the direction of isolated nutrients, I would much rather take a different approach and have you investigate whole food concentrates or complexes instead.

An approach like this for example: http://www.iherb.com/Irwin-Naturals-Men-s-Living-Green-Liquid-Gel-Multi-90-Liquid-Soft-Gels/7127?at=0

Please note that I am not recommending this product or any other, just simply asking you to take a holistic approach to nutrients instead of one of isolation, that's all. All the best.

Fadi.

Thanks Fadi,

Its either between this one or the one noobs posted on first page.

id like to know which isthe better one also. i already ordered the one noobs said but for future reference.

Depends what you want... I use whole food as whole food, i supplement with supplements... There are many wonderful things we do not get from pills that are in food. We cant try and jam them all into pulls. Otherwise we are eaitng 10 hockey pucks a day.

So i look for a multi that has what i want in the dosages i want then i add extra things such as minerals, maybe some herbal extracts. but you can never find it all in 1.

So, eat good whole food add supplements to supplement... I should make an updated reccomended nutrient list for people that are interested.

Depends what you want... I use whole food as whole food, i supplement with supplements... There are many wonderful things we do not get from pills that are in food. We cant try and jam them all into pulls. Otherwise we are eaitng 10 hockey pucks a day.

So i look for a multi that has what i want in the dosages i want then i add extra things such as minerals, maybe some herbal extracts. but you can never find it all in 1.

So, eat good whole food add supplements to supplement... I should make an updated reccomended nutrient list for people that are interested.

im interested in this nutrient list.