• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Recommendations for protein powder ?

Thursday

Hi guys,

I'm on Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein gold standard now. its burning a big hole in my pocket. Im looking for a cheaper alternative.

Any recommendation where i can get cheaper alternative/ sources? Are whey on Ebay reliable?

Also is there any drastic difference if i change from WPI to WPC beside the nutritional values? ie side effects?

Thanks guys for the help :)

i find the wpi/wpc blend from next gen suppliments is a good price, last time i ever had it was 4kg for $100. and international protien is a good Aussie brand to

I personally use proteindirect, find them to be real upfront with the source of the whey. No gimmicks. Just WPI and WPC

Although it doesn't have BCAAs, I much prefer to take it separately just so I can control the amount.

professionwhey are a nobullshit site. email them and they will reply promptly will all your questions answered

You'll get a chunk of BCAAs in any complete protein. Which includes eggs, meat and any brand of whey. There's no real need to supp BCAAs seperately.

I'm using www.bulknutrients.com.au WPC at the moment, seems pretty good. I've sort of gone off protein direct only because the powder is imported. I'm being a patriot.

Where to get it in sydney

Righto lads, I am an old fart (50 in Feb) who has been doing weights for 12 months plus now. I am sick of buying expensive protein powders with flashy containers. Been told to get no frills protein powder in bulk.
Where in Sydney can I get my hands on 4-5 kg bags of "Good" no bullshit powder with the good ingredients I need?
Which is better and what is it all about?
WPI -
WPC -
HWPI -

Thanks

:)

Last edited:
Get them online, does not matter where you live.
e-bay also has very good prices for bulk whey.

WPC is sufficient or WPI if lactose intolerant or are minimizing carbs.
HWPI, not worth the extra coin.

I personally use proteindirect, find them to be real upfront with the source of the whey. No gimmicks. Just WPI and WPC

Although it doesn't have BCAAs, I much prefer to take it separately just so I can control the amount.

lil_joe : Any recommended brand of BCAAs?

I just get the unflavoured WPC from ProfessionalWhey, I don't mind the taste of it and I'm not wasting money on flavours and fancy packaging.

Have ordered through proteindirect as well and the product was good, but decided to go with ProfessionalWhey due to it being made from Australian dairy.

Last edited:
Lads/ladettes,

If you are WA based I would recommend you take a look at my website,

I am a hobby bodybuilder supplying other bodybuilders in the area. The whey is good quality made by dairy giant Fonterra.

Righto lads, I am an old fart (50 in Feb) who has been doing weights for 12 months plus now. I am sick of buying expensive protein powders with flashy containers. Been told to get no frills protein powder in bulk.
Where in Sydney can I get my hands on 4-5 kg bags of "Good" no bullshit powder with the good ingredients I need?
Which is better and what is it all about?
WPI -
WPC -
HWPI -

Thanks

:)

The basic differences mate are how they extract the protein. WPI and HWPI use methods that will get you a higher protein content, but they may not be complete proteins. WPC is basic filtered whey so you get a more complete protein but smaller amount ie. 80%.

IMO you only need the 98% protein wheys if you are counting calories. For most trainers, WPC is sufficient (not to mention cheaper.)

Last edited by a moderator: