• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

recommendations/opinions on my macros

Wouldn't it be simpler to spread out your calories across the entire day instead of do intermittent fasting?
Waving calories has many benefits. I find it keeps my metabolic rate going strong, lowering calories will cause your metabolic rate to drop in the long term so you're essentially eating at a deficit one day and a surplus the next hopefully averaging a deficit if your goal is to lose weight. There are a number of studies that I spent all of 2 minutes trying to find that suggest following periods of undereating by overeating produced favourable body composition changes. I think it's in "The Warrior Diet" somewhere.

There is also a psychological aspect, dropping calories fucking sucks. 250 or 500 less a day makes no difference to me- I'm still fucking hungry. So I'd rather drop my calories on the low side for a day and then know the next day I get to eat a lot

Simpler to spread calories over the week... Eat bigger meals less often dependant on personal preference..

Here's what I've always done, take it for what you will.
Some days I eat a lot, other days I eat a little and every now and then I don't eat anything.

Yeah most people will naturally wave their calories- it's natural
But people get caught up with what is "optimum". I like clear guidelines on diet but I am leaning towards basing it on energy levels for sure. Especially now that I can actually eat and really get the calories down. I couldn't before

Yeah most people will naturally wave their calories- it's natural
But people get caught up with what is "optimum". I like clear guidelines on diet but I am leaning towards basing it on energy levels for sure. Especially now that I can actually eat and really get the calories down. I couldn't before

Many people beat themselves up with their diet, if they feel guilty after eating a particular food then they have a problem.
Their relationship with food is the major factor.

Many people beat themselves up with their diet, if they feel guilty after eating a particular food then they have a problem.
Their relationship with food is the major factor.

This is a good point. Any diet that has people feeling guilty over certain foods sets you up for failure.

Wouldn't it be simpler to spread out your calories across the entire day instead of do intermittent fasting?
Waving calories has many benefits. I find it keeps my metabolic rate going strong, lowering calories will cause your metabolic rate to drop in the long term so you're essentially eating at a deficit one day and a surplus the next hopefully averaging a deficit if your goal is to lose weight. There are a number of studies that I spent all of 2 minutes trying to find that suggest following periods of undereating by overeating produced favourable body composition changes. I think it's in "The Warrior Diet" somewhere.

There is also a psychological aspect, dropping calories fucking sucks. 250 or 500 less a day makes no difference to me- I'm still fucking hungry. So I'd rather drop my calories on the low side for a day and then know the next day I get to eat a lot

Whatever works mentally I guess.
As I understand it, its total cal over a 7 day period that is what depicts results whether it be deficit or surplus one day or another. I'll look into that Warrior diet you mentioned.

I have been dieting for nearly 16 weeks averaging 500g fat loss a week and have actually found that some days I have stuggled to get enough carbs, all I worry about is hitting that target. I only eat 3 times a day and hitting about 230c 64f and 201p, Im still getting stronger (marginally). Will be interesting to see how it goes sub 10% but have found it a breeze so far. I normally set my day out so that my last meal is the biggest at about 1000 to 1200cal so im not hungry at night and tempted to nibble.
I say there is no one best way, what you can stick to is the best way regardless of studies.

Great points, marketing and media and dip shit "gurus" have really lead a lot of people into a terrible mindset of what dieting actually is. Obesity isn't to blame on anything other than poor education at a younger age. IMO it should be part of compulsory subject at school. They could call it... Real Life.

Whatever works mentally I guess.
As I understand it, its total cal over a 7 day period that is what depicts results whether it be deficit or surplus one day or another. I'll look into that Warrior diet you mentioned.

I have been dieting for nearly 16 weeks averaging 500g fat loss a week and have actually found that some days I have stuggled to get enough carbs, all I worry about is hitting that target. I only eat 3 times a day and hitting about 230c 64f and 201p, Im still getting stronger (marginally). Will be interesting to see how it goes sub 10% but have found it a breeze so far. I normally set my day out so that my last meal is the biggest at about 1000 to 1200cal so im not hungry at night and tempted to nibble.
I say there is no one best way, what you can stick to is the best way regardless of studies.

Yeah total calories over the month is really the main thing.
But you want to keep your metabolic rate high. Waving calories does this very well I find. I can "feel" my metabolism increasing and decreasing I guess (I go by how warm I feel and vascularity, assuming it's a gauge of metabolic rate). Dropping calories = misery and drop in metabolism for me. I notice this the day after a carb up from a keto run as well, I eat some carbs and I get very, very vascular and get muscle pumps in my calves especially just sitting there lol.

Essentially, you're looking for the system that allows you to keep your metabolic rate the highest and calories the lowest while making life not suck for you. I'm going to play around with waving my macros after this meet, essentially doing high protein, low fat and low carb 4 days a week, 2 saturated fat-fests with low carb and then a high carb, low fat day. I feel the main issue for me is simply being hungry so reducing fats right down will help with this as I will be able to eat ungodly amounts of meat. Then I just need to balance it out on the high calorie days so that I remain in keto, get an influx of calories and don't let my body turn into a protein burner

Yeah total calories over the month is really the main thing.
But you want to keep your metabolic rate high. Waving calories does this very well I find. I can "feel" my metabolism increasing and decreasing I guess (I go by how warm I feel and vascularity, assuming it's a gauge of metabolic rate). Dropping calories = misery and drop in metabolism for me. I notice this the day after a carb up from a keto run as well, I eat some carbs and I get very, very vascular and get muscle pumps in my calves especially just sitting there lol.

Essentially, you're looking for the system that allows you to keep your metabolic rate the highest and calories the lowest while making life not suck for you. I'm going to play around with waving my macros after this meet, essentially doing high protein, low fat and low carb 4 days a week, 2 saturated fat-fests with low carb and then a high carb, low fat day. I feel the main issue for me is simply being hungry so reducing fats right down will help with this as I will be able to eat ungodly amounts of meat. Then I just need to balance it out on the high calorie days so that I remain in keto, get an influx of calories and don't let my body turn into a protein burner

Interesting stuff. I'll have to delve a little deeper into calorie wavering again.

I did post this http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/23691-14-day-cyclic-bulk-anyone-following.html a while ago with not much of a reponse, I never really followed up on it though.

Interesting stuff. I'll have to delve a little deeper into calorie wavering again.

I did post this http://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/23691-14-day-cyclic-bulk-anyone-following.html a while ago with not much of a reponse, I never really followed up on it though.

The best book for this is "better than steroids"
unfortunately it doesn't go into the science behind it though, no citations etc. but that's easy to look up yourself, it's the practical application we want

Essentially it's a 3 day rotation of low/medium/high calories

The best book for this is "better than steroids"
unfortunately it doesn't go into the science behind it though, no citations etc. but that's easy to look up yourself, it's the practical application we want

Essentially it's a 3 day rotation of low/medium/high calories

Thanks mate. Ill check it out.