• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

request for info

HRG

Hi all, I have an interesting reason for being here... and since I am new I cannot PM admin so I hope it is okay to put my request here.

I work in Harm Reduction in NSW and I am currently doing a project which will see a range of fact sheets produced that address steroid and peptide use, safe injecting and more. They will be aimed at newbies who have never used before, or have gotten dodgy advice off someone else who doesn't know what they are doing.

I don't feel I can even attempt this project without having sources of information from within the steroid using community and am hoping that i will be able to start a thread that will address this project and get some help from everyone here who is knowledgeable about steroid and peptide use. i would just like to gain admins permission to do this first, and also some advice if it is okay, of where to post the thread.

Looking very forward to hearing everyones knowledge and maybe even sharing some of mine. :)

Cheers
Bee

Thanks to Graeme, for putting this thread up for me.

Further to above, Hello I am Bee, I work for Harm Reduction, in the Needle Syringe Program.

I have identified a need for there to be information available to steroid/peptide users because we get so many (mainly younger) people coming through our doors and they have been giving the dodgiest of advice from others, or they have no clue as to what they are doing and they create harm for themselves and others around them.

I have a rudimentary knowledge of steroids and peptide from my work here, but what I know generally comes from my clients or bits and pieces I have read, with no indication of it's accuracy.

My Project has a current working lifespan of three months, so I will be here a while (and I will probably stay because I am a gym junkie myself lol) as i told graeme, I will probably ask some stupid questions and hopefully the odd thought provoking one as well lol.

So Todays question is: I have created this list of what I believe are the most commonly used Steroids/peptides in Australia. You guys are the ones who are going to know for sure!

I am trying hard to learn what I can and not just expect you guys to give me all the answers, I am looking to educate myself even more so I am happy for people to point me to links or threads i can go to learn myself, I do not expect people to do my work for me :)

In saying that, Can you guys correct me, edit me, tell me some I have missed, laugh at me because i added something ridiculous......lol.

I have learned what I know so far from steroid users, so i am sticking with you guys cause I know that some of you are like walking encyclopedias on the topic lol.

Ok heres my list in no particular order:

Armidex (is this PCT??)
Anavar
Clenbuterol (technically not steroids but well used so will be under this title, but with a disclaimer lol)
Clomid (PCT?)
Deca-Durabolin
HCG
HGH
Nolvadex (PCT ?)
PrimoBolon
Sustanon

Testosterone -
Cypionate
Enanthate
Propionate

Testosterone suspension
Winstrol

Melanotan 1&2 (Will be also adding this as well used product although not steroid, I know that people don't use one as much as the other anymore?)

*Am I missing any obvious steroids/peptides

*Have i added any that are not really used in Australia

*Can people please tell me the names of the current peptides that are used. I have this one here:

GHRP6
and I know is another that is quite common also.

Hi Bee

What company do you work for?

Is this a government funded program?

Hello :)

I work for HIV & Related Programs, who come under the umbrella of the health department. We are a government department but we are funded by COAG - proceeds from crime unit.

Our unit is funded to address certain needs within the community - safe sharp disposal, safe injecting, reducing harms from injecting drug use, safe sex information and referral, AOD services, Blood Borne Virus and Liver Disease.

So this project is not specifically funded, it is something that comes under the umbrella of what we are 'meant to be doing' lol,

This information I am gathering here is for the project, but anything I say or do does not represent the government or Health department views. Er, i think that was a disclaimer so i don't get in the poo poo. LOL.

Last edited:
Judging by that response, I'm picking someone just pm'd her all the info she'll ever need :D

Nope, I just forgot to say thank you in the first post, and my mum says I should be polite to people so they can will know i am nice and not just go by what I look like. :D

Nope, I just forgot to say thank you in the first post, and my mum says I should be polite to people so they can will know i am nice and not just go by what I look like. :D

Jokes Harmgal ;) ... There are many, many, many threads on the internet...

This ones a good-un : Massive Newbie Info

The thing you will very quickly find is the use of steroids/peptides etc.. is very much a subjective thing.

So while there are some 'hard and fast' general rules that most follow e.g. DO A PCT, there are quite a few different ways in which courses are run and combination of compounds are taken depending upon the desired outcome and peoples preferences e.g. some like Arimidex as an AI, some Aromasin.

I am by no means an expert and have only been researching myself over the last few months or so... Still have lots and lots to learn, but I'm sure you'll have no shortage of experts to call upon before long.

All good :) I am going to be very careful to make sure these are "guidelines' and provide information, but will not tell people which cycle works best or which steroid gives you the biggest muscles lol.

So I am happy to have information from experts and non experts, because you never know who might be the person to find out something new and exciting lol.

Given some of the things I hear, on occasion, i'm pretty sure a tree has more steroid knowledge than some people, and as long as I know more than the tree, I'm good. LOL.

Hopefully this thread ends up being helpful to other people than me at some point lol.

All good :) I am going to be very careful to make sure these are "guidelines' and provide information, but will not tell people which cycle works best or which steroid gives you the biggest muscles lol.

So I am happy to have information from experts and non experts, because you never know who might be the person to find out something new and exciting lol.

Given some of the things I hear, on occasion, i'm pretty sure a tree has more steroid knowledge than some people, and as long as I know more than the tree, I'm good. LOL.

Hopefully this thread ends up being helpful to other people than me at some point lol.

:D ... See it didn't take you long to figure that one out.

Another good one of many : All about Anabolic Steroids - Sustanon, Dianabol, Winstrol, Deca Durabolin

The more you start picking through the numerous articles etc.. the more you'll start to see common themes occurring.

In terms of talking to veteran users - you could walk into any Derrimuts or Dohertys and ask around... Just ask them if they're on Tren first or they might be a bit shirtier than usual :p

:D ... See it didn't take you long to figure that one out.

Another good one of many : All about Anabolic Steroids - Sustanon, Dianabol, Winstrol, Deca Durabolin

The more you start picking through the numerous articles etc.. the more you'll start to see common themes occurring.

In terms of talking to veteran users - you could walk into any Derrimuts or Dohertys and ask around... Just ask them if they're on Tren first or they might be a bit shirtier than usual :p

Excellent, looks like I have todays reading set thank you :)

I think I might stick it out here for a bit longer, where the worst anyone can do to me is a bit of keyboard warriorship.......don't want anyone throwing a dumbell at my head just yet!!! hahaha

Excellent, looks like I have todays reading set thank you :)

I think I might stick it out here for a bit longer, where the worst anyone can do to me is a bit of keyboard warriorship.......don't want anyone throwing a dumbell at my head just yet!!! hahaha

Nah.. You're a gal.. Chicks can get away with almost anything, and without generalising too much - know which buttons to push in the process ;)

Hi again, more questions :*)

It looks to me like the majority of peope are buying their gear online. Is anyone able to give me a estimated ratio of what percentage of people are buying directly from manufacturers, versus people who are buying from steroid dealers in gyms or home etc.

Are there big time steroid dealers in gyms like there would be drug dealers in kings cross lol. Do steroid dealers generally deal from home or in the gyms.

Is it cheaper to buy online or off a dealer in the gym?

Any answers most appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi again, more questions :*)

It looks to me like the majority of peope are buying their gear online. Is anyone able to give me a estimated ratio of what percentage of people are buying directly from manufacturers, versus people who are buying from steroid dealers in gyms or home etc.

Are there big time steroid dealers in gyms like there would be drug dealers in kings cross lol. Do steroid dealers generally deal from home or in the gyms.

Is it cheaper to buy online or off a dealer in the gym?

Any answers most appreciated!

Online = No. Almost positively will get seized so the online sites for AAS are not relevant to Oz.

Majority of gear in Oz will be form a UGL (under*ground*lab) There are several out there with varying reputations. Stuff is made locally from raw materials.

Buying AAS is not as easy as going up to the next jacked dude you see and saying * hey man, can I score? If the guy is in the position to supply (and has a brain), they would still be likely to tell a newbie to get lost. Its a trust thing. It has to be earned in both directions.

Trust that what you're buying is the real deal, and not just olive oil and shit and trust from the dealer that you wont go blabbing to everyone about where you source your gear.

Terms of $$ * thought you were more focused on getting information out to kids about education etc?.. wouldn't have thought that extended to letting them know the going rate? :p

Cost will vary depending upon again, how well you know your supplier and vice versa...

Sure some more experienced members would be able to elaborate.

Online = No. Almost positively will get seized so the online sites for AAS are not relevant to Oz.

Majority of gear in Oz will be form a UGL (under*ground*lab) There are several out there with varying reputations. Stuff is made locally from raw materials.

Buying AAS is not as easy as going up to the next jacked dude you see and saying * hey man, can I score? If the guy is in the position to supply (and has a brain), they would still be likely to tell a newbie to get lost. Its a trust thing. It has to be earned in both directions.

Trust that what you're buying is the real deal, and not just olive oil and shit and trust from the dealer that you wont go blabbing to everyone about where you source your gear.

Terms of $$ * thought you were more focused on getting information out to kids about education etc?.. wouldn't have thought that extended to letting them know the going rate? :p

Cost will vary depending upon again, how well you know your supplier and vice versa...

Sure some more experienced members would be able to elaborate.

Thanks for all the awesome information. :*) I really appreciate it. I am only asking costs wise to get an idea of why people would buy online over from a dealer and whether that would cost more or less.

I won't be putting any pricing information on the sheets lol, hence some dude comes back at me later saying 'Your prices are WRONG man, I lost out because of YOU!" hahahahaah. This and all the ethical reasons i can't quite think of right now LOL

I am one of those people that likes to have a really good broad spectrum of knowledge before I can really understand a topic, so I might ask some stuff which is only partially relevant to my project and more relevant to me just gathering some more education.

Rest assured you wont find me at the gym next week, gold suit, fluffy purple pimp hat and a cane, peddlin the roids to unsuspecting gym goers...LOL.

I had an ADHD moment and another question came to me, LOL

Do you think that there is any information or education that services like mine can give, which would deter younger guys from using steroids?

I see on the board here that all the older guys encourage younger guys not to use, citing the effects on the growing body etc, which is awesome, because under 25's definitely have no business on the gear. So thats great.

But they come in droves anyway, they have no idea what they are doing and our position is to make sure they are as safe as possible doing what they are doing, but in reality, this makes no difference to whether they end up using or not.

I see all the Noob steroid questions here from younger guys.....and it's like most young people, you can give them all the info in the world but they will still do it and do it wrong. Have you guys ever managed to convince anyone that came looking for info, not to take up the gear?

Do people belive there is a way to stop younger guys from starting using gear? Or is it the general consensus that young people will just do what they want.

I only ask this because of EVERY single steroid client I have had that is very young, I can give them all the info and tell them all the reasons why they should not start a cycle. And they never listen. Ever.