• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Barry_

Hello

What do you think of my routine? - Can it be improved without lengethening the time it takes for me to do each routine?

Day 1
16x BB Powerset (Lift to bent-over BB-row, push up to Millitary press, repeat [but only let BB skim ground])
16x BB Set (Lift to reverse-grip bent-over BB-row, repeat [but only let BB skim ground])
16x BB Bench-press
30x Barbell Rotation (15 per side)
16x BB Lunges (8 per leg)
16x BB Squats

Day 2
30x Chin-ups (Full, without rest)
30x Pull-ups (Full, without rest)
100x Sit-ups

Thanks for the advice,

Barry_

BTW: Using a 50kg BB, I'm 78.8kg + 6′2

Last edited:
It looks like a general conditioning workout, I would be aiming to add a strength based workout with separate conditioning training thrown in on non strength training days. If your goal is to jump higher/be more agile and reactive, add strength training.

Is there a reason you are limited to a single BB?

Strength training will improve your explosive ability, please be informed I am not a fitness expert (I am a beginner), but from what I read and take in, I think working on general conditioning alone, is not going to improve explosive power/agility, as much as strength training combined with separate conditioning work will.
Good luck.

Every time I hear the name Barry. I think of dinner with smucks.

I release you!

What's your goal?
Well that and general basketball strength & agility.

Stop releasing me sookie!

It looks like a general conditioning workout, I would be aiming to add a strength based workout with separate conditioning training thrown in on non strength training days. If your goal is to jump higher/be more agile and reactive, add strength training.

Is there a reason you are limited to a single BB?

Strength training will improve your explosive ability, please be informed I am not a fitness expert (I am a beginner), but from what I read and take in, I think working on general conditioning alone, is not going to improve explosive power/agility, as much as strength training combined with separate conditioning work will.
Good luck.

Rambodian: I have Dumbbells as well, but they've falled into disuse (I actually removed the weights from them and put them onto my barbell :rolleyes:).

You've mentioned "strength training" a few times... can you be more specific?

/me thought that military presses and bench-press counted

Cheers,

Barry_

A weight that you can do for 15+ reps isn't going to improve your strength much.

Just as those 100 sit ups won't improve your "core" strength either. They'll basically just give you better muscular endurance in the abs (and probably bad posture but that's a different discussion altogether)

You could do this.

Without rest
30 x squat or maximum rep's
12 x chin-ups or maximum reps
12 x bench press or maximum rep's
20 x squat
10 x chin- up
10 x bench press
20 x squat
8 x chin-up
8 x bench press
Have a smoke, then take the dumbbells for a walk