• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

rice protein bulk nutrients

Im not sure if it is lactose issues, as I can eat half a kg of ice cream and be fine, which has more lactose than WPI does. The protein I was using was ON natural, reflex natural and powernutrients natural, the only thing they all have in common is cocco, but I can eat chocolate and be fine which also has cocco.

WPI gives extreme issues, where as full cream milk only gives very mild issues, which is what made me think I was building up an intolerance to whey.

I thought about taking lactase tablets but taking them everytime could quite possibly down regulate my own production of lactase, so Im giving myself a couple of weeks off and will try again to see if I still have issues.

Im not sure if it is lactose issues, as I can eat half a kg of ice cream and be fine, which has more lactose than WPI does. The protein I was using was ON natural, reflex natural and powernutrients natural, the only thing they all have in common is cocco, but I can eat chocolate and be fine which also has cocco.

WPI gives extreme issues, where as full cream milk only gives very mild issues, which is what made me think I was building up an intolerance to whey.

I thought about taking lactase tablets but taking them everytime could quite possibly down regulate my own production of lactase, so Im giving myself a couple of weeks off and will try again to see if I still have issues.

Same problem mate - I've never tolerated protein powders well. Milk is so so (depends on the day and amount), but WPI mixed with water is the absolute worst.

I'm not sure about the lactose tolerancy for myself either - have just assumed it. But perhaps its actually something in the protein powders other than that. Your guess is as good as mine on what that 'X' factor might be though... :mad:

I get around it by eating commerical protein bars - I get some wind (my Mum would be proud I didn't use the word 'farts' - oh damn!) but at least I don't own the toilet bowl all day.

Update is that oat, almond and rice milk taste like shit. Other than that no updates I just ordered some rice protein this morning so it should arrive tomorrow or the day after and Ill update this then.

No updates yet, ordered last tuesday but still hasnt arrived, Ill contact them and find out where it is.

Okay so I think this is the update you guys have been waiting for. Im going to be honest as possible.

So I ordered 2 weeks ago, I had no contact from them so I emailed and they informed me they were out of stock and their supplier was no longer going to supply them. Two days later they emailed me saying they had a new supplier and they would have a shipment within one week, so to make up for the stuff around they would send me 2kg of rice protein.

Finally it arrived today, I opened the bag and there was rice protein everywhere one of the bags had a hole in it. I grabbed the bag that was fine opened it up and proceeded to make a drink with it, I mixed it with milk (as Im not lactose intolerent). It smelt like dirt, so I mixed in 4 scoops of milo and thought yep this will do the trick, it still smelt like dirt and well tasted like I was drinking water from the brisbane river. I tipped it down the sink after 2 mouth fulls.

Now before I ordered bulk nutrients did tell me it wasnt going to taste nice, so they were upfront about that taste and texture. So Im assuming this is what all rice protein is like.

So in saying that if someone wants to pay for postage Ill ship the good bag to you thats had one scoop taken out of it, there is no way Im going to be drinking it.

I got strong guts but not even I will drink something that taste like dirt.

Try e-Bay, - Never know.

Last edited:
Hmm, dirt flavoured protein, sounds appetising. Good luck getting rid of it mate. This must be why Christian (I think) was trying to get rid of some too.

The joys of rice protein, hey!
Certainly makes it very tough for vegens who want a choice which is guilt free or for those very sensitive to lactose.

As most vegetable proteins are not made to be used in beverages, mixability and taste is very average. We have found one that does mix quite a bit better and will be making the switch to that within a few months.

After testing some pea proteins, they do seem to be marginaly better and have a better amino profile. We'll be lookin into stocking at least one of them in the not too distant future.