• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rolled oats - how do you make them taste good?

I use quick oats and almond milk.
Thanks to [MENTION=8557]chocchillimango[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=7082]jzpowahz[/MENTION]; I worked out that a cup of oats, a scoop of vanilla WPI, 250ml of water and 250ml of almond milk all mixed up, microwave for 2 mins 10 sec then add in 1/2 cup of egg whites, mix well. Tastes delicious. You can add chopped strawberries or blueberries on top as well (or even dark choc chips if youre feeling adventurous)

Ice cream.

I also mix in a tub of cottage cheese as a quick meal. Doesnt taste 'good' but stop being a precious little snowflake.

Yeah I just use quick oats with a little water or almond milk or you add some protein powder or honey.

I use quick oats and almond milk.
Thanks to @chocchillimango ; & @jzpowahz ; I worked out that a cup of oats, a scoop of vanilla WPI, 250ml of water and 250ml of almond milk all mixed up, microwave for 2 mins 10 sec then add in 1/2 cup of egg whites, mix well. Tastes delicious. You can add chopped strawberries or blueberries on top as well (or even dark choc chips if youre feeling adventurous)

For best results, add the WPI after cooking. I add my egg whites before the last 30 seconds of microwave zapping.
sometimes I don't even bother with the WPI anymore. egg white oats ROCKS!

@jimmy ; I cook mine in water only with a dash of salt in the microwave for 2 mins 30 secs.
I add my egg whites before the last 30 seconds. Stir really well and return to finish.
Keeps them creamy, add volumes and it's delish.

The fact is, you can add whatever you like to them.

At the end of cooking, I might add in some

cacao powder,
stevia (or sugar/maples syrup/whatever you like),
fruit on top,
quark or yoghurt on top
spices
chia seeds
lucuma powder (don't knock it, it tastes amazing)
vanilla
almond extract
peanut butter or almond or hazelnut butter

ie ANYTHING YOU LIKE.

If i need to, i might add a splash of almond milk but usually don't need to.

For best results, add the WPI after cooking. I add my egg whites before the last 30 seconds of microwave zapping.
sometimes I don't even bother with the WPI anymore. egg white oats ROCKS!

I tried adding the WPI after, doesnt work for me! I have my routine with them sorted, I dont want to change it now! hahah

Why no milk , are you lactose intolerant ?.

I have mine with crushed walnut a full banana and some chocolate flavour rice protein powder plus just enough milk to wet it all down .

I dont use quick oats so as not to get a higher insulin spike but full rolled oats for a slower digestive burn .

I have em 2 ways:

1. With a vanila protein shake (feral)
2. With yougurt and fresh berries (not too bad)

Whatever amount of oats you use (1 cup), add half that amount of water or milk to make it the correct consistency. Then I will had a small tub of yoghurt.

If on a diet, that's pretty much it with a bit of cinnamon, nutmeg, peanut butter flour or sugar free drinking chocolate. Otherwise I will add peanut butter, almond milk or ABC (almond) butter. I might experiment with dark choc chips or various cereals mixed in to add crunch.

I always have them raw. Cooking oats makes them like glue. Once you have them raw, you won't go back.

I just put 1 cup oats, 2 scoops banana protein powder, 1 cup water in blender and create a thick textured shake.

love it!

I have em 2 ways:

1. With a vanila protein shake (feral)
2. With yougurt and fresh berries (not too bad)

Number 2 works for me ever morning. I'm having a number 2 right now in fact! Fresh yoghurt handmade by myself, strawberries, mulberries, mixed nuts, seeds, splash of honey. Amazeballs.

Number 2 works for me ever morning. I'm having a number 2 right now in fact! Fresh yoghurt handmade by myself, strawberries, mulberries, mixed nuts, seeds, splash of honey. Amazeballs.

I just finished a number 2, if I knew, would have saved it for you. ;)