• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rolled oats - how do you make them taste good?

This what I do, 'cept with goats milk and a scoop of waxy maize.

Whats the reasoning behind goats milk mate?

i can appreciate goats play a major role in your life, but is there a significant nutrient profile benefit over cows milk?

i know a lot of people don't rate cows milk for one reason or another, I just love the taste!

Whats the reasoning behind goats milk mate?

i can appreciate goats play a major role in your life, but is there a significant nutrient profile benefit over cows milk?

i know a lot of people don't rate cows milk for one reason or another, I just love the taste!

Maybe diet reasons , never seen a 1000 kilo goat .

Why no milk , are you lactose intolerant ?.

I have mine with crushed walnut a full banana and some chocolate flavour rice protein powder plus just enough milk to wet it all down .

I dont use quick oats so as not to get a higher insulin spike but full rolled oats for a slower digestive burn .

-Have just started a new diet. Meal 1 is 100gm rolled oats, 45gm Whey protein powder, 80gm mixed berries, 10gm almonds. No milk in diet.
Tried the rolled oats, almonds, and mixed berries this morning - wasn't to bad, but was like chewing on cardboard and took about half an hour to eat it!

Goats milk has a somewhat velvety texture when going down.

I also like to support the local industry. Goats cheese, goat butter, goat hair coats, horny goat weed... the list goes on.

Get into it lads...

PhUG4bB.png

cant stand anything sweet first thing in the morning

cooked with water and salt for me, extra water so its like a thickish soup

Oats with fruit and other sweets make a great dessert but :)

come to think of it, haven't had oats for about 6 months......

If calories were not an issue i would cook some in coconut milk, with slices of mango or banana ontop and grated dark chocolate.

I have never had salty oats in my life, ever.. 'salty thickish soup' sounds like an excellent selling point however :D

I recommend protein, water and rolled oats in a nutribullet. 20 secs and its close to a thickshake, still a slight grainy texture from the oats

Mix your protein powder in with your oats, almonds, berries - abit of water or sugarfree Almond milk (which is like 40 cals a serve).

I love oats - I have eaten them dry/on their own before.

But honestly once you add your protein powder, and maybe a little almond milk - if your that worried go half water/half sugerfree almond milk - add the rest of the stuff in - would be great!

I have my shake first thing when I wake up then just have oats soaked in water, cinnamon and some berries, heat it up for a minute and mix in some honey

As you can see, I really enjoy mine in the morning.

http://youtu.be/stKYT2giW2M

Last edited:
Mix your protein powder in with your oats, almonds, berries - abit of water or sugarfree Almond milk (which is like 40 cals a serve).

I love oats - I have eaten them dry/on their own before.

But honestly once you add your protein powder, and maybe a little almond milk - if your that worried go half water/half sugerfree almond milk - add the rest of the stuff in - would be great!
Cheers mate, sounds pretty good!

SOOO many options .

I've been using SF pudding mixes. Last night had cheesecake flavoured oats, added some reece's PB cups and caramel sauce. Pretty damn good.

Regular favourite is
cocoa
cinnamon
peanut flour

nuke

add peanut butter, sf maple syrup and some fruit

I tried mixing in peanut butter with oats once, and really struggled with the taste even though I love peanut butter......

Yeah it is tricky. You want it to be kind of runny. Try not to keep your peanut butter in the fridge, otherwise you get nothing when eating the oats, and then a mouthful of it.

Peanut butter powder mixes in way better.

you have to put it in when it's done and let it melt through :)

PB&CO is my favourite for this. Don't know why but works better than regular natty stuff.