• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rowing Machine.

hodgeyhodgey

Last edited:
Treadmill, xtrainer & rowing machines are all decent pieces of equipment for cardio.

I love the rowing machine :p

Cana lways try get them off Gyms that are closing down...

Just wanted to say, Rowing machine is a hell of a lot funner than a treadmill.

I rate the Concept 2 rower. Is the only rower I could spend more than 15min and still be comfortable. The rowing motion also feels natural.

As Figham said, not cheap new, but reasonably priced 2nd hand.

Concept 2E is current. older Concepts can be refurbed to as new.
two 2D's on egay for $950 atm

can also lease Concepts pre-buying.

Cana lways try get them off Gyms that are closing down...

Just wanted to say, Rowing machine is a hell of a lot funner than a treadmill.

This. Especially when ya can do 90 second 500m sprints with 60s rest between them. Its good conditioning.

Concept 2 is the way to go, most cheaper rowers will just not be able to perform.

This is the feedback I want. How so? How long would I expect it to last?

Honestly, I would be quite happy for it to last 12 months or so. Being 18/19 and in uni I just couldn't afford one of the Concept 2's, no matter how superior they are.

I used to love the rowers at fitness first
Those were concept 2.
Never broke, good consistent resistance.

No such thing as good and inexpensive. Save up and get a concept2, they're the gold standard for rowing machines.

This is the feedback I want. How so? How long would I expect it to last?

Honestly, I would be quite happy for it to last 12 months or so. Being 18/19 and in uni I just couldn't afford one of the Concept 2's, no matter how superior they are.

Mate I bought a York 301 rower, cost around $1000, and was supposed to be just as good as Concept 2, well the first one lasted about 6 months of moderate use (probably used for about 2-3 15-20 minute sessions per week), was repaired twice in that time under warranty and then finally replaced with another one after about 11 month of ownership.

Received a brand new one, have only used it for a total of about 3-5 hrs and it's already broken again:mad:

And thats a $1000 rower from a reasonably reputable company, imagine getting one for $200 or $500:cool:

Save your $$$ and buy the concept 2 IMO, or get a stationary bike or similar instead.

Last edited:
Mate I bought a York 301 rower, cost around $1000, and was supposed to be just as good as Concept 2, well the first one lasted about 6 months of moderate use (probably used for about 2-3 15-20 minute sessions per week), was repaired twice in that time under warranty and then finally replaced with another one after about 11 month of ownership.

Received a brand new one, have only used it for a total of about 3-5 hrs and it's already broken again:mad:

And thats a $1000 rower from a reasonably reputable company, imagine getting one for $200 or $500:cool:

Save your $$$ and buy the concept 2 IMO, or get a stationary bike or similar instead.

Thanks for the reply mate

Being 18/19 and in uni I just couldn't afford one of the Concept 2's, no matter how superior they are.

at this point in your life, maybe a uni gym mebership would be better value?

use their rowers and other machines...
meet hot uni chicks...
???
Profit?

at this point in your life, maybe a uni gym mebership would be better value?

use their rowers and other machines...
meet hot uni chicks...
???
Profit?

Haha thanks for the advice mate, right now I'd prefer to train alone at home - it's much more comfortable and an even bigger bonus, no having to share equipment :D