• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SBD products now in Oz

TKs are shit in comparison though. They get super wet, bunch up a heap at the back of the knee and slip slide around....then the seams go. Mine lasted about 18 months.

My rehbands are heaps better. Material over the neoprene to help absorb moisture. More fitted. Quality stitching. They were probably more expensive here before they were IPF approved...because they are made in Scandinavia and are far superior in every way. I can't see myself ever needing another pair.

SBD is just like rehband but have better choice of sizing.

I have Titans, and really don't notice that big of a difference between TKs and them, and the Titans are $95.

I don't see the point in getting them super tight, at which point you might worry about slipping etc. unless you are competing in an IPF competition.

Rehbands are the shit. Fit great and last.

TKs are pretty crap. Hard to get on, bunch up and don't last.

Titans don't last. Got my first pair and lasted a month. Got a replacement for supposed bad batch and lasted a month again.

I didn't notice any difference in performance, the performance benefit from knee sleeves being fairly minimal anyway. But there's a definite difference in terms of comfort and longevity. The slipping on the TKs I refer to is due to the sweat buildup under the knee sleeves, which you don't get to the same degree with the Titans/Rehband/SBD design.

FWIW I ended up paying $88 including shipping for my pair of Rehbands from Jackals Gym. So yes, they are a better choice than SBD as well.

But the SBD sizing is an advantage if you have skinnier legs (in particular women) or much bigger legs. Rehands are fine for everything in between. The SBDs are also apparently a bit longer so they will cover the calf and quad more as well, which could make them slightly more comfortable (but probably harder to get on).

Also FWIW there is a new rule in the IPF that you can only wear knee sleeves that you can put on without assistance.

I still don't get the point of super tight knee sleeves, but that's just my thing. The idea is to keep your points warm, if you want pressure use a band or wrap. Mine are pretty loose, i just slip them on and off, and they keep my knees nice and warm but don't slip or build up a huge amount of sweat.

Some degree of compression actually does help for sore knees, depending on what is making them sore. It is not just about warmth for some people, hence traditional strapping or knee braces. I agree super tight is not necessary, but that's not what my Rehbands are either.

I remember reading about people squeezing into the smallest soft suit they could find for carry over
Made me chuckle

Buy a pair of T.K knee sleeves from Welcome to LiftingLarge.com - Serious Gear for Serious Athletes, will end up cheaper especially if you get a few people to split the shipping.

Anything IPF approved is retardedly expensive.

Just checked and the price is about the same, using the cheapest post rate (takes a frikken month!!), as the same product at Underground Elite. With the dollar dropping, that makes it more so. You might get it cheaper by buying more than one pair but you ain't gonna save any more than a few dollars.

Yes, the TK's are a bit fragile. They are unlined inside so just have the soft neoprene skin which can tear easily if you dig your nails in. Put them on, just below the knee, inside out and upside down then roll them up, like a condom. No stress on the bare side then. You can also wet them to make them slide on easily.

If they are constantly slipping you bought a size too large.

There is a small benefit using a tight sleeve when squatting. Assuming you are doing "real" powerlifting, IPF style (cough), then they provide a bit of bounce in the hole. Not much, but I notice it a bit.

I use mine twice a week and in comps and get about 12 months out of a pair. Will check out the rehbands. Iron Edge sell them. $100 a pair. In their online store they are listed as $50 but thats for a single sleeve.

If you get 4 people to order from liftinglarge it's about $15 shipping, and EVERYTHING is cheaper, it's also 5-6 day shipping.

Lifting gear is stupid expensive here. I recently ordered a ton of stuff from Inzer, was about the same cost inc 100$ delivery as buying it here (and couldnt get half the stuff i wanted here)

I use mine twice a week and in comps and get about 12 months out of a pair. Will check out the rehbands. Iron Edge sell them. $100 a pair. In their online store they are listed as $50 but thats for a single sleeve.

I got rehbands for way less then that from Jackals, I think around $80 for a pair delivered. You want the blue ones not the 'new' grey ones. That was a while ago though

I got rehbands for way less then that from Jackals, I think around $80 for a pair delivered. You want the blue ones not the 'new' grey ones. That was a while ago though

I got mine for $88 delivered earlier this year. I went in with 3 other people to save on shipping.

Yep, you want the old style blue ones not the grey ones Iron Edge sell.

Knee sleeves for heat only.. Unless you lift in a raw event in IPF where sleeves are allowed but wraps are not...
In that case...

1004771_598899236798581_678666654_n.jpg

lol