• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SBD products now in Oz

Knee sleeves for heat only.. Unless you lift in a raw event in IPF where sleeves are allowed but wraps are not...

This picture was a bit of an embarrasment, even if the extra tight sleeves probably offered very marginal benefit over regular fitting sleeves. Thankfully IPF has responded quickly and this will no longer be legal. Under the new rule, knee sleeves must be able to be put on without assistance (ie helpers, plastic bags, slipons etc).

This picture was a bit of an embarrasment, even if the extra tight sleeves probably offered very marginal benefit over regular fitting sleeves. Thankfully IPF has responded quickly and this will no longer be legal. Under the new rule, knee sleeves must be able to be put on without assistance (ie helpers, plastic bags, slipons etc).

I do get way more bounce out of a set of small rehbands then I thought I would. If your a dive bomber I reckon their good 5kg+

I do get way more bounce out of a set of small rehbands then I thought I would. If your a dive bomber I reckon their good 5kg+

I agree, I definitely get something out of them. Partly from confidence, partly from actual support. 5kg is probably not a bad guess. What I question is whether extra tight SBD sleeves that require a handler and plastic bags would give me any more than my size S rehbands...probably not.

Whatever assistance is being provided comes from (a) the thickness of the sleeve itself (which I think is the major reason, as it provides cushioning behind the knee and some mechanical rebound); and (b) to a much lesser extent, the inherent flexibility in neoprene, which is not going to increase much with additional tightness, as it is not a particularly elastic material.

I haven't heard it confirmed that slip-ons and bags aren't allowed. They way I read it is that you can't have anyone else helping you.

I have super hairy legs. I want to use my slip-ons.

SBD was at the PA meet last Sunday (Melbourne). They had a stand with lifting suits and knee sleeves. They had the spotters wearing SBD T-shirts as well. They seemed to sell a fair bit over the day as I guess lifters get a bit frisky during a comp. Sort of like going shopping when you are hungry and ending up in the chocolate isle.