• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Share some of your thoughts on your last week of working out

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What did you accomplish this week? What did you work on? What do you have to work on?

Just share something about you last week of fitness, big or small!

Hit some PB's, overall it was good. Still disappointed I have niggling injury issues which are preventing me from learning Olympic lifting (can't wait).

Only ever squatted a max of 85. But the last couple months my training has been spot on as well as my food intake. Did 5 working sets of squats at 80kg. Thought I'd give 90kg a go, found it easy. Gave 100kg a go and felt good for more.

So I've hit the 100kg milestone, beating my pb by 15kg, with plenty left in me to go heavier one day when I'm not fatigued.

A 3.5 inch increase around each leg might have something to do with this.

Injured my hamstring last week, it's good to go again, will take the next few weeks to work but up to where I was. Dropped the weight on my bench right down as to get my form spot on. Hit a pbs all week on barbell rows and shoulder presses :)

Got a deadlift PB for sets and reps very easily so stoked about that.
Doing really well with squats and no longer afraid of the weight :D

Also hitting my stride with form on KB snatch and jerk ... considering doing a snatch only set at comp in March for fun. Don't trust my left scapula for comp jerks :eek:

Reassessing nutrition/diet after a poor DEXA result (first one ever) but it was understandable given the past 6 months.
Will be good to set some new goals on that front for the year.

But good to see strength go up even if I haven't put on any muscle of late.

Only trained the once in the last fortnight, so I have achieved bugger all except rest, looking forward to getting back into it from tomorrow and smashing some weights getting the diet on track, increasing the cardio slightly and am aiming to hit 95kg, not sure what I am now maybe around the 103 mark?

Been doing a serious high frequency high volume BB style program the last 6 weeks, vascularity and pump is rediculous, lost 1.5kgs still prob not eating enough but pumped as fck, getting stronger too! Happy dayzzz 4 weeks time i will be resting as
I culdnt handle anymore then 3 months of it

Trained every day.
Need to work on my handstands!
Worked on everything, and focussed a little more on the negative range (slowed it down a touch) during bench

Haven't been counting reps on the upper body stuff, i've been using time under load isntead; pos; 2 sec, hold 1 sec, and lower 4 seconds, my aim is 120 seconds.

did a 3 x 3 circuit followed by farmer's at PTC, first one in some time.

Going great this last cycle of training, learnt how to eat again. Lol.
Squatting coming along nicely, and will be back to my previous numbers very soon! Deadlift PB also on the cards.

I tested my openers on Monday and decided that Saturday's meet will be awesome

confirmed my comeback is on track after stress fractures and broken collarbone 15 weeks ago.

Did 5 on 80kg bench (easy) followed by 19 reps on 25kg dumbbell flat presses.

Also did 5x5 squats, albeit on a pathetic weight.

2014 is going to build upon 2011 before injuries.

Last edited:
Lots of benching, single legged work and hip stretching.

Also realised how much of a rut I was in calorie wise after my last slim down, so eating more now.