• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should I get the following? (LC2 Power Rack package)

Warning

First sorry for another power rack thread, I have looked over quite bit of information on the net and forums and believe I have found the best rack/combo for me but would like a second option.

Package comes with the following and including shipping comes to just under $1600,

• LC2 Cage rated at 400KG
  • High low pulley, 100kg recommended.
  • Detachable dipping bars
  • 4x adjustable height barbell hooks
  • Flat include bench
  • 1000lb Olympic bar, 86" length, 50mm diameter free rotating ends (Knurled, chrome coated finish, brass bushing)
  • 160kg’s of Steel core, hard wearing rubber coated finish plates

From the cages I have looked at, I think this the best rack/combo for me and the space I have due to,

• The included bench been able to be stored upright it leaves some room to bring the cage out a little to give room for a high low pulley but this removes the option for a decline bench
  • Dip attachment is on the side of the cage where I have room, MMPR dip attachment is on the front.
  • I asked cyber-market.com.au a few questions and they got back to me with a detailed response, within a few hours.
  • Cannot seem to find a better deal.
Can anyone?

• Link me to other possibilities.
  • Give me feedback on their experience with the LC2 Rack.

Any input is much appreciated, Cheers.​

I have a similar rack for sale in the "for sale" section if your located in melbourne. Has high/low pulley and dip bar attachment too

I have this rack & pulley and find them great.
Pulley isn't as smooth as the ones at a gym. I haven't tried other home pulley systems but I assume that they'd all be similar. I only tend to use the pulley for a few assistance exercises each week anyway.
With the dip attachment you can also turn it the other way so it inside the cage when you need to use it, if space is an issue.

+1 for this rack, also with turning the dip attachment inside the rack makes it a little more steady with it being a light rack.

The design is very poorly thought out. The rear crossmember gets in the using the rear rack. IT would make unracking the bar when squatting very annoying. Plus, if you have any plans to bench any serious weights inside the cage, you want the bench set a bit further back so that your head is behind the bar, otherwise it's very difficult to unrack the bar yourself. You could lift that specific bench over the crossmember so that the legs are on the other side, but you really should be able to set up any bench in the optimal position without hindrance. Good power rack have the rear crossmember set back for this reason.

The Force USA F-PC is a much better thought out power rack IMO. There are numerous other racks which are also better.

I've never had an issue with squatting as I use the hooks on the front beams, not the rear ones. That way you don't need to go anywhere near the cross bar.
Also never had an issue with benching, i just push the bench right up against the rear cross bar and it's a comfortable position for me. I can see this could be an issue for some people but personally doesn't bother me.
With the pulley system attached it doesn't leave a whole lot of room for a spotter if you plan on using one.

Had a bit of a scare, I though I broke the head gasket on my car = bye bye power cage money but just got a call advising it's only a fuel injector so pretty dam happy.

So checked out the Force USA F-PC, which is really nice but defiantly too big for my area if you include the high low pulley, so will go with the original LC2 idea.

Hey Warning, a power rack will be the best thing you could ever buy, no excuses about not having time to go to the gym!

The LC2 looks a bit similar to the Body Craft F430 I bought a couple of years ago with the high/low cable attachment.

Just check that you can easily use the bench when doing lat pulldowns - some benches allow you to attach roller pads so you can hook your legs/quads under it for stability - like you'd find at a commercial gym. It doesn't look like you can with the bench suggested - plus the wider the bench the more stable you'll feel.

If you can get a FID bench that you can also add a leg extension/leg curl and preacher curl pad (maybe at a later date) - you'll be totally set!! But the bench (without the attachments) still has to work well with the cable set-up - really important.

If possible check out one in a shop as some look good online but are a bit flimsy up close, including the benches.

I have my set-up in the shed on a concrete floor, so I also needed to get good quality rubber gym mats.

Good Luck!

I don't really need excuses, pre-workout makes me want to pick up heavy things lol, I have room constants or I would get a nice FID with attachments, I believe the LC2 fit's my room constants the best from my calculations using sketch-up,

MMPR, no room for hi/low using the package bench and will be annoying to use front dip bars.
ZuqPC70.png

LC2 with Hi-Low, has room for Hi-Low as bench can be stored upright. No decline :(
NYdpmzk.png

USA Force, with no hi-low, bench that can be stored upright.
pnZWwxF.png

http://ausbb.com/members/sam.html
Cheers for the input :)

http://ausbb.com/members/sam.html