• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shoulder Roatator Exercise Suggestions

Gauche

Hi guys,
Just wanting to know what exercise you do for strengthen your rotators? Been having pain through my right arm when doing bench press and my chiropractor suggested to build my rotators.
Llew

Rotation of three workouts at the moment...

Mon:
Bench press bar - 5setsx5reps
Incline (free weights) 2x8
Pushups till Fail 3 times
Bent over rows 2x6 to my chest and 2x6 to my groin
Squats 5x5

Wed:
Shoulder press 5x5
Side lateral raises 2x8
Rear lateral raises 2x8 each arm
Delt raises 2x8
Deadlifts 3x10
Shrugs 2x8 side the front

Fri:
Squats 5x5
Lunges 2x8
Bicep curls- 3x6
Hammer curls 3x6
Skull crushers 3x6
Tricep Pull downs 3x6

So percentage wise I think that's pretty good?
Tues and Thurs I have football training which includes heavy cardio and abs workouts so I don't do any of them in my own time.

I can feel an uncomfortable feeling when doing shoulder press but it certainly doesn't hold me back. When bench pressing however it is painful and I'm loosing strength. I honestly think it came from pushing to hard with the skull crushers and moving the weight out further onto the shoulder instead of the tricep.

It appears to me to be an emphasis on pushing here.
Either way there is a lot movement around the shoulder happening.

Pay more attention the the shoulder blades, pullups, rows, deadlift, shurgs, farmers walks, layoff the pushing completly for a while.

Don't do any prehab just yet it can usually create more trouble.

Build the muscleture between the scapula, upper back and shoulder first.
Posted via Mobile Device

All that aside Fadi what are your thoughts on my training program? Sat or Sun I generally go rock climbing on top of that.

no i just put the basic routine above. I'll get my training and diet up though. Allot has changed since I found this place.