• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shredding techniques.

B

beazo1988

I'm getting married in 4 months, and want to be pretty shredded for it.

Problem is, I can't lose that little bit of last fat!!!!! Has anyone got anything they could contribute? My eating isn't pristine but by no measure is it bad either. I drink three litres of water a day ( outside of workout ) could this be part of it too?

Any ideas would be great.

Trees

Sorry, yeah. I'm doing about 10 hours a week, depending on work schedule. Just doing basic compound movements at the moment. Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Trees

Average daily weight is 100kg I'm 6"2'.

Two eggs w/mushrooms breaky
Apple or banana for morning tea,
Chicken/ham/salmon and salad lunch,
Some nuts for afternoon
And dinner is the meal that can be a little bit improvised, depends what's in the fridge. But try to eat meat and three vege . No oil used with cooking and vege is usually boiled.

Trees

Aim for maybe 2000kcal a day, 200-300g of protein, see where that gets you
So it's clear you'll be eating mainly lean meats. You'll want to be full and not hungry yeah? 1kg of kangaroo = 1000kcal. 1kg coles extra lean ground beef = 1350kcal

So this will allow you to eat a lot of food and stay full and keep whatever muscle mass you have when dieting + build some if you're new. If you are feeling energetic feel free to drop calories further but always keep protein above 200g at your size otherwise hunger will get the better of you

If going low on fats, make sure to eat plenty of fibre. If higher fats you won't need the fibre and can eat less

Aim for maybe 2000kcal a day, 200-300g of protein, see where that gets you

Oni, do you mean per day? I'm new to portioning, I have a very good butcher near me, so good lean meat is pretty easy to come by.

As for cals per day, I've even sitting on a rough 2500 or a bit more I think.

I've got a very fast stomach though, I can eT a full meal and be hungry 1/2 hour later. :/ gives me the shits.

Trees

Yes per day
Try high protein, low fat. Lots of fibre
If you're feeling hungry a lot then switch it, lower protein but higher fats.

But here is the thing, you're going to be hungry. That's how it is. Some days I feel like I am going to pass right out, you just have to deal with it. You'll be tired a lot as well. Man that feeling when you finish eating and you're hungry again within 5 minutes... and you know it's 3 hours before you get to eat again. Some days I'll even wake up fantasizing about food but you just need to stick to it and not sacrifice long term progress for temporary pleasure

Awesome, thanks for the tips man! I'll start as of this w/e. I'll keep you posted on this thread I guess.

Trees

Haha, just a signature from another forum. Couldn't be bothered to take it down. So it pops up after every post.

Trees