• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sick of getting sick

metzy

Hey guys,

As the title says, i'm sick of getting sick.

Been training fairly hard lately and it seems I'm getting everyones cold's they are sharing because my central nervous system is just taxed.

Besides eating lots and protein the only other supplement I'm taking is fish oil capsules. I have previously taken L-Glutamine but it didn't seem to help much.

Anyone got an suggestions on what to take to help me from getting sick in the first place? I hate having to take a week off just because of a cold.

Quality (healthy) food in the right quantity, the right amount of sleep and the right amount of regular exercise and you wont have any issues unless you have something wrong with your immune system.

Listed below are some things can help if you have any of the above out of wack (they wont solve your problems just help a little):
- Garlic
- C vitamins
- B vitamins
- D vitamins
- Water
- Probiotics
- More fruit
- More vegetables

Last edited:
Kindred while you want to eat healthy food, exercise and get a good amount of sleep getting sick does not mean there is something wrong with your immune system.

Healthy people get sick, some more than others, it's part of life.

As for vitamins while most of the time unlikely to do harm, unless you have a deficiency all they give you is expensive piss.

Oh and what a surprise Daniel is against vaccination.

Vaccination?? I know you can vaccinate against the flu but i'm pretty sure that won't stop you from getting a cold.

Sleep is very good, at minimum 8 hours everynight most nights around 9 hours.

Didn't see you at the gym last week when you were sick :cool:

Well you said you have been training hard. Training is a stress on the body and sometimes something has to give. So that could be the reason or maybe it's just bad luck and you have gotten sick a few times in a short space of time.

Vaccination?? I know you can vaccinate against the flu but i'm pretty sure that won't stop you from getting a cold.

Sleep is very good, at minimum 8 hours everynight most nights around 9 hours.

Didn't see you at the gym last week when you were sick :cool:

Hahaha, fair call I did share the cold though, always thinking about others

Hey bud, I find taking a garlic supplement helps. I usually take garlic over winter and I find it helps with keeping the colds away.