• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

skim milk powder + whey protein + creatine = stomach killer

BoyFromAus

as the title says, it's killing my stomach. I've had stomach aches, acidity and discomfort all of today after drinking that.

I'm using Redbak Creatine Mono 5g, standard Skim Milk powder 70g and Inner Armour Quad WPI/WPC 35g .... i mixed it with water and drank it after workout. My stomach has never felt so screwed.

It's either the creatine or the skim milk powder because for breakfast, I have that protein and oats.... stomach's fine.

I would take the creatine some other time with just some warm water.

Get rid of the milk powder and just use the whey powder with water and see if that makes any difference.

yea man, I think that's what i'll end up doing. On the weekend ima run a few trials.

Test 1. Protein + Creatine. No skim milk
Test 2. Protein + Skim Milk. No creatine.

Creatine is supposed to be taken without fat as it reduces your bodys ability to absorb the creatine. You should take it with a high GI carb to spike your insulin that will definitely increase the absorption rate. Don't know if thats whats making your stomach ache but take your creatine with dextrose or gatorade instead of milk

Rasika, what is your reasoning behind including WP and skim milk powder at the same time?

Fadi.

Fadi, I was combining the two because skim milk powder seems to be high in sugar while low in fat.. it also has protein. But looks like i might need to throw out the skim milk powder due to what it did to my stomach.

i'm not lactose intolerant...

FYi, I now use groud oats with creatine and WP and it's easy on the stomach. F*** milk powder.
I'm keeping all my carbs low GI as i have tendancy to get fat easy.

20/10/2009 was a horrible day... I thought i was gonna die from that shake.