• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

small sturdy power rack

solarbear

BPR02 Power Rack with High Low Pulley

I currently have a rack this size. Its the bodymaker version bought off ebay like 6 or 7 years ago. Has 2" tubing.

The size suits me well, but I am starting to out grow it. I am kinda concerned as my squat pushes up closer to 180 that the rack won't be safe.

Should I wait till it breaks?
Can I buy sturdier pins/hooks?
Can I buy a sturdier rack of similar proportions?

BPR02 Power Rack with High Low Pulley

I currently have a rack this size. Its the bodymaker version bought off ebay like 6 or 7 years ago. Has 2" tubing.

The size suits me well, but I am starting to out grow it. I am kinda concerned as my squat pushes up closer to 180 that the rack won't be safe.

Should I wait till it breaks?
Can I buy sturdier pins/hooks?
Can I buy a sturdier rack of similar proportions?

Wouldn't want it to break when you're under it, squatting 180...

I'd sell it off while it was still in good nick and buy one of the racks mentioned in the 100 threads about power racks. The Powertech is tops, but a bit $$, the Force USA Home is compact and inexpensive. The Force USA Power is better built, higher rated. I wouldn't wait till it breaks, and I wouldn't try and put 'add ons' to it. I'd sell it while I could still some amount of revenue from it, and buy either a quality power rack or a half rack.

Wouldn't want it to break when you're under it, squatting 180...

I'd sell it off while it was still in good nick and buy one of the racks mentioned in the 100 threads about power racks. The Powertech is tops, but a bit $$, the Force USA Home is compact and inexpensive. The Force USA Power is better built, higher rated. I wouldn't wait till it breaks, and I wouldn't try and put 'add ons' to it. I'd sell it while I could still some amount of revenue from it, and buy either a quality power rack or a half rack.

Don't see why it would simply crumple to dust in the middle of a set. Its in great shape atm. I've never dropped a big weight on it.

I have searched through the threads and narrowd down my choices of large racks to MM, FORCE or Cyberfit. Am really happy with this size though. Be nice if there was a sturdier version, same size 60mm tubing.

Don't see why it would simply crumple to dust in the middle of a set. Its in great shape atm. I've never dropped a big weight on it.

I have searched through the threads and narrowd down my choices of large racks to MM, FORCE or Cyberfit. Am really happy with this size though. Be nice if there was a sturdier version, same size 60mm tubing.

Get one custom made. Could have one for less than a grand I would think.

Get one custom made. Could have one for less than a grand I would think.

If I had a welder, I might make one myself. Biggest worry would be the way the steel would warp due to the heat and not be an exact 90... was always a problem when I welded parts for automobile racks. The other option, in the if I had a welder category, would be to reinforce the rack I now have with supports along the top and bottom and angles in the corners and build some J-hooks.

I might have to break down and buy one of the bigger racks. I also might make the move to Olympic plates. When I bought my plates Oly plates were hard to find and I have about 200+ kg in standard plates. I also worry about the bar. ATM its unbent and uncracked, but I would hate for it to break and hurt...

Last edited:
I had same thing with rack. Ended up selling mine and scored a powertech rack and came out 50 in front. Search around mate, heaps of bargains out there, so many people buy stuff and never use it, then m get r of it wn the track.

Atm with my current rack I have just enouh room to deadlift in front. Would love to be able to keep doing that.