• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

So I was wondering if you could help me with...

Morri

Hey Guys,

Just question for the pro's...

I'm eighteen, slim built, h= 185cm/ w= 70kg but am pretty much flat down the front and need toning, I really admire all you buff dudes, and trust me I wish I could achieve that but for starters I'm just focussed on getting toned more within the next 8 weeks leading up to summer (I'll worry about entering mr bodybuilder australia in 2012)....

I go to the gym as much as possible, doing a mix of cardio and weights which has helped... I use the Musashi 'Bulk - Mass Gain' after I have worked out so a few times a week, recommended by the PT's) but theres so many supplements its just a tad confusing.

You hear about all these 'barely legal' type stuff and the more heavy going stuff like M-Stak. What would be the best in assisting in toning and bulking up?

Cheers and thanks for any info guys

1. At 70kg you need to add much more muscle
2. Make that your last Musahi Bulk you buy. It is overpriced garbage. Buy plain WPC and make your own bulker
3. Check the beginner routines on the forum.
4. You do not need M Stack at your age.
5. Keep cardio to a couple of 20 min sessions per week.

Ditch the Musashi stuff, ie do not buy more once it runs out, and read the label mate:

44.7 gram of protein per 100gram and 47.6gram of sugar per 100 gram,

Now you can buy 1kg of 99% pure protein for $29 (cheaper if you buy in larger quantities) and you can buy 1kg of dextrose for about $3, so for $ 32 you have 2kg of bulk mass gainer, thats $16 per kilo. If you buy 5kg lot you can have it as cheap as $12 per kilo.

While ordering your protein order some Creatine and use as directed, forget about he rest for now.

Re training start reading stuff on this forum and learn from it:)

Thanks for the help guys, yes I have been reading through a lot of great information on this site and your answers have been great.

After reading lots of information I just had two questions for you guys who have set up your routines and procedures:
1) what brand of protein supplement would you recommend to buy?
2) do you take it everyday or only the days you do extensive exercise?

I'll keep reading through the forums and information.......

The quality from the bulk suppliers is great, bulk nutrients, no bull supplements etc. Just get wpc or wpi and add some fine powered oats and you have a perfect bulking shake at almost half the price of an off the shelf product

Shakes are a supplement, work on your diet first as if that is perfect, you dont even need shakes. But not everything is always perfect so a post work out shake and perhaps another for breakfast or just before bed seems ok to me also, just dont rely on them too much