• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Some questions about foods

thechosenone

Just wondering, you know how the pasta or rice, it will say- for example 80 grams of carbs per 100grams..... is that uncooked weight or cooked weight? say i cooked up a heap of pasta and put 100 grams of that onto my plate, will that 100grams have 80 grams of carbohydrates in it? probly a stupid question but i want to make sure. Thanx

also rice cakes, are they a good post workout meal?

Last edited:
Just wondering, you know how the pasta or rice, it will say- for example 80 grams of carbs per 100grams..... is that uncooked weight or cooked weight? say i cooked up a heap of pasta and put 100 grams of that onto my plate, will that 100grams have 80 grams of carbohydrates in it? probly a stupid question but i want to make sure. Thanx

also rice cakes, are they a good post workout meal?

Uncooked weight

Eat some steak n rice after training....rice cakes are homo...lol...

Uncooked oh ok, so 100 grams of uncooked rice will actually turn out to be 200+ grams of cooked rice. rice cakes i dunno man they taste good haha (no homo).

Uncooked oh ok, so 100 grams of uncooked rice will actually turn out to be 200+ grams of cooked rice. rice cakes i dunno man they taste good haha (no homo).

Yes....99.9% of the time things will be measured in uncooked weight.

So does choc cake..doesnt mean you eat that after training lol...but really rice cakes are ok I guess...aslong as your having something else with them...i.e protein shake, steak, chicken, fish, rice, pasta etc....a good meal of protein/carbs/fats after training is always good...rice cakes are pretty much nothing...few grams of carbs, maybe 1g of protein and prob zero fat...def not a "meal"

Redirect Notice

these would be ok, there high gi. low in fat and get your insuline levels back up to par.

Mate like I said they are fine...it would be better to be eating rice, pasta, oats etc...but these are fine...as I said just make sure your having some protein with them....

The whole insline thing etc after training is over-rated mate...I have been having just a protein shake nothing else, no carbs after training for over a year and seen no diff...I have just started having protein powder/milk and peanut butter blended together after training...this has always been a no no - i.e milk slows protein down...the fat from the peanut butter will slow the protein down....it honestly doesnt make a diff at all...

Rice cakes (prefer corn thins) are good with:
Avo and ham, cottage cheese and baked beans, peanut butter and honey.
I use them to support/hold the good stuff.

What to do with plain rice cakes :)

1. Get protein powder & pb in a bowl
2. add some water or milk until it is just a little bit runny while stirring
3. dip rice cakes in and cover both sides
4. put in fridge

What to do with plain rice cakes :)

1. Get protein powder & pb in a bowl
2. add some water or milk until it is just a little bit runny while stirring
3. dip rice cakes in and cover both sides
4. put in fridge

Home run...again