• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat is Broken

If sheiko squatting is easy then bump up your maxes on the programming. On the double squat days you can program the other half of the squatting for things such as paused squatting or box squatting or w/e with different percentages, trying to tackle your weak points

I think this is what Markos is referring to:

"The next truth about strength training programs has to do with where they come from. I get so sick of people trying these complex Eastern Block or Russian programs like the Sheiko program. I don’t understand why people don’t think about where these programs came from and who they were designed for! Most of these complex programs were designed for athletes that were hand picked as little children to compete in strength sports."

I have to disagree with him even though he is ridiculously strong and inhuman, westside is devised from research on how the soviets train as well as the incorporation of prilepin's chart which is exactly how Boris sheiko does his work, its just on a different % scale of prilepin's chart. To say Sheiko programming is only for advanced athletes is a bit much, since some of the templates were created for lower class athletes. Also the results speak for themselves, and sheiko is not too complex to understand

Last edited:
LOL does Chad Aichs no the origins of his own training program?

Westside = super russian program.

I guess you missed the point. Elite lifters can get away with it. Look at our own Steve Pritchard, Nathan Jones etc

But you, for instance, Chad squats your entire total and he's not posting on forums on how to fix his 300lb squat, so yeah, I guess he does know where is program, whatever it is, originated.

For the record, Chad total 2700lbs+

Most of the wannabe powerlifters on this site are actually quite good at it. The same can't be said for the wannabe Olympic lifters.

Feeling sorry for someone due to their youth must become tiresome, as you must feel it a lot. I don't believe Oliver thought it would solve a problem, just that punching you in the face would probably make him feel better.

I concur.

Edit: Darn' youth are too quick for these old bones.

a) I'm 15 leave me alone.

You're right. At the ripe age of 15...you really are an adult. Dispute the fact that you can't drive, vote, join the army, buy a good bottle of red wine...still having that soft spot on the back of your head kids have...your a grown up.

You're right. At the ripe age of 15...you really are an adult. Dispute the fact that you can't drive, vote, join the army, buy a good bottle of red wine...still having that soft spot on the back of your head kids have...your a grown up.

Least I don't fail.

Powerbuilder I've written a quick list of things you fail at. It's by no means exhaustive but you might want to read it from time to time:

1) You're from Tasmania
2) You lift as much as a girl
3) You weigh as much as a girl
4) You have a cognitive disability
5) You're from Tasmania
6) You argue with 15 year olds online.

Lets stay on topic and stop the threats of violence.

Leachy, I thought you were asking for help because you dont know the answer.

Simply dismissing a suggestion before really thinking about it doesnt make someone wanting to help.

Here is what I honestly think.

You just need to get stronger. It sounds simple. Very few lifters ever get it.

As well as what you are already doing, you should try doing a 20 rep set later on in the week, on like your bench day or something.

Start low and at 2.5kg each week.

Take 3 deep breaths between each rep, they really do kick you in the balls.

Here is some motivation!

210kg x 20 = omfg.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbFGdpQD_O0]YouTube - Squat 462x20, Raw, Deep, No Belt, No Wraps[/ame]