• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat is Broken

Lay it on us. I'm not sure of rules regarding intellectual property but in small amounts it doesnt seem to be an issue, not to mention I doubt Power magazine can afford an international copywrite case.

Let me know if you're up north, I really want to punch you in the face.

Most of the wannabe powerlifters on this site are actually quite good at it. The same can't be said for the wannabe Olympic lifters.

Feeling sorry for someone due to their youth must become tiresome, as you must feel it a lot. I don't believe Oliver thought it would solve a problem, just that punching you in the face would probably make him feel better.

I concur.

Edit: Darn' youth are too quick for these old bones.

I concur.

Also concur with you on Powerbuilder Oli. He's a nuff nuff, a total waste of space and valuable resources.
You're all tough aren't you, threatening violence or agreeing with some one threatening violence?
Just shows how much of low lives you really are.

Next one will one permanantly banned, You've been warned. Threats will not be tolerated.

Don't like it then leave.

You're all tough aren't you, threatening violence or agreeing with some one threatening violence?
Just shows how much of low lives you really are.

Next one will one permanantly banned, You've been warned. Threats will not be tolerated.

Don't like it then leave.

Powerranger deliberately ruffles those who actually contribute to this forum all the time:

http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/14024-proraw-training-2.html

Fess up - does he have autism or do you deliberately overlook his bullshit?

Autism or not he has not threatened violence. If you do not want to read his posts, block him.

In 5 pages, there has been maybe 3-5 decent response related to strength training.

I think the guys posting 8 day splits, or 50kg form checks get better help. Sigh...

Officially done, goodbye! :)

This forum is honestly becoming a joke, I come on here for a laugh now.
It's not what it was 6-12 months ago..... It's a shame too, there were some quality members.

its on.

but can we make it one on one? too expensive to fly all my boiz over. and can i crash on your couch after i mess you up? ive never been to NSW and i wanna check out the sites.

In 5 pages, there has been maybe 3-5 decent response related to strength training.

I think the guys posting 8 day splits, or 50kg form checks get better help. Sigh...

Officially done, goodbye! :)

All you need to do is read Markos posts. With a 300lb squat just stick with one program and get stronger. No need to get advanced yet.

Don't chop and change all the time.

Pretty simple.

This forum is honestly becoming a joke, I come on here for a laugh now.
It's not what it was 6-12 months ago..... It's a shame too, there were some quality members.

And it's these whinging posts all the time that make it so much better.

Leachy, if you go through my log you'll notice I had problems with my squat for a while, either having to do with my ankle or hips. I now figure it was just me dicking around too much with different squat stances/bar positions/form what ever, instead of using what I found most comfortable. Making sure hip mobility was up to scratch so making depth is easy and comfortable was also a main component.

Basically, figure out how you like to squat with the most comfort. Get stronger. Profit.

To the rest of this shit:
images-1.jpg

I apologize for my statement before, but there is a reason.

Bigjim brings to us a very valid point....

The squat is a very good exercise for improving leg and hip strength and normally or originally this exercise was done with high reps for sets.

Olympic style weightlifters did squats as part of their programs in an attempt to add strength to their hips and thighs.

As powerlifting became an organized and accepted sport the squat became less of an exercise and more of a comp lift

I see a lot of powerlifters mimicking their powerlifting mentors

leachy, I got stuck with my squat a while ago and fixing my technique has helped a lot. Are you sure your form is adequate?

As powerlifting became an organized and accepted sport the squat became less of an exercise and more of a comp lift

Same can be said about every other exercise.

I see a lot of powerlifters mimicking their powerlifting mentors

Find me sportsmen in any sport who don't follow their mentors.