• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat/Leg press ratio

Has anyone here used a vertical leg press?

Absolutely. Awesome bit of gear banned in most gyms due to risk of stroke or heart attack.

You can use about 70% of the weight on a vertical leg press that would be used on a 45 degree leg press.
I had one in a bush gym with an engine block welded on and then add plates.

Last edited:
I wouldn't know, I haven't trained the leg press in years (although if I had access to one now, I probably would). Back when I did train leg press, using the same reps and ROM that I squatted with (this was back in my 90degree days), I was leg pressing about 3x what I was squatting.

There are a lot of leg presses out there and a lot of bad ones.

Find a leg press that applies varying resistance through the movement, one that applies max resistance at full extension.

If it is a "one piece" plate as opposed to "uni-lateral" the don't lock the knee, that's bad for the lower back and hip.