• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Straight Bar or EZ Curl ?

What do you use for bicep curls

• Straight Bar

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • EZ Curl bar

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Straight bar enables me to really achieve a good contraction of the biceps.
I purposely grip the bar with my pinky and forth finger, rather than my thumb and second finger.

The ez curl, after time gives me sore elbows, I believe it's due to the fact that the muscles of the forearm are getting a hit.

You bastards must all have wrists made out of rubber. The straight bar destroys my wrists almost immediately.

I just like the ez curl bar because it always feels like its working the guns better than the straight bar.

I tend to use the straight bar for barbell curls and the EZ bar for preacher curls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually use straight as it is just easy at my gym with the preloaded weights, but at the moment have been using db more and more, haven't use the ez bar for ages

Ez bar first, move a lot more weight as the wrists are in a natural position.
Straight bar next, move less weight cos wrists are twisted out, but better contraction of the biceps.

Use both, depending on how I feel but ezy bar more often lately, went through a stage a couple of years ago where I was using straight bar exclusively, was thinking of going back to straight bar.

Does anyone use a close grip, ie hands next to each other in the centre of the bar, used to do them yeas ago.

Use both, depending on how I feel but ezy bar more often lately, went through a stage a couple of years ago where I was using straight bar exclusively, was thinking of going back to straight bar.

Does anyone use a close grip, ie hands next to each other in the centre of the bar, used to do them yeas ago.

No, not any longer, the movement is way too short and awkward, not sure what it achieves.

Read somewhere the main purpose of the bicep is to rotate the wrist outwards so ezy bar would defeat the purpose?

The main function of the biceps brachii muscle is NOT supination, it is elbow flexion.

No, you are mislead and slash is correct, the brachialis is the shorter bicep the attaches to the arm and inserts into the forearm that's main function is to bend the arm

The two brachi heads supinate the hand and raise the arm over the head.

This becomes obvious if you goose neck your hand try to flex the bicep.

You can't

Now turn you hand around.

Now lift you arm over your head.

No, you are mislead and slash is correct, the brachialis is the shorter bicep the attaches to the arm and inserts into the forearm that's main function is to bend the arm

The two brachi heads supinate the hand and raise the arm over the head.

This becomes obvious if you goose neck your hand try to flex the bicep.

You can't

Now turn you hand around.

Now lift you arm over your head.

I didn't say anything about the brachialis? I said the main function of the biceps brachii is elbow flexion, and not supination (even though it does supinate, and also flexes the shoulder). What you are saying that the main function of the biceps brachii is forearm supination and shoulder flexion?