• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength & Conditioning for footballers

I had 5 come down tonight, 2 x Dolphins 3 x kids

they got a lesson in being explosive, 3 of the boys couldnt clean 35kg, so Max did Hang Snatches with 40kg............one armed.

They now understand WHY he is so explosive with his jumping and sprinting.

He first did the 1 arm snatches from the ground, then from the hang, needs to generate quite a bit of bar speed from there.

Slowly they are understanding the value of weight training. I think I've dismissed the myth that training with heavy weights, as in 1RM, makes you slow, but quite the opposite.

Hopefully the word spreads of Max's demonstration

Max my mannnn!!!

whats his pb clean btw? we know he did 100kg as a kid LOL

[YOUTUBE]H5Q2MIRfmqk[/YOUTUBE]

not bad if you ask me.

Last time he tried he powercleaned 120kg, hasnt tried more than that.

How skinny is he in that vid lol

I know he can hang clean 100kg x 3

Geez his technique has improved 100% since then as well

And the gym has really changed

Even younger and skinnier here

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9ZakGrZ0wo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Max 80kg Clean and Jerk[/ame]

Okay, time to kick this up again.

I've had a chance to put another 20 or so through their paces. I have found a couple of very good lifters. They display great flexibilty and sound form. Weights are low but potential is high.

I had to give a few speeches tonight, Simon sent the players inside in groups. I went over exercise, nutrition, potential, motivation, lifestyle.

They had beep test tonight. The winner got 15.6, he also clocked pretty close to 9min flat for the 3km, an elite runner.

He has clocked 17 for the beep test indoors previously

There were quite a few 18yo there who know Max, from when he was 12-15yo

They came up to me and double checked that I was talking about the same Max lol

They'll get to see him on Monday.

One of the boys played rep basketball with Max, he was much bigger, stronger, faster.

He is mid 80kg now, a big strapping young man, told me he deadlifts 170kg which he thought was amazing at 18 lol

PTC........where amazing happens. Thanks goes to David Stern.

I have quite a few that will squat 140-150kg soon. I'm still making sure their form is good.

Three of them took on Dave tonight in a C&P comp, 35kg x 1 minute.

How do you reckon it went?

Dave used perfect form

They just snatched it

He finished last

Who uses perfect form on 35kg lol
Posted via Mobile Device

I was at the new PTC today with Markos, there was one footballer who came i think half way through my session. I was really surprised with the stuff he was doing and not taking in any of Markos's advice... He first proceeded with some bike machine(lol), some medicine ball work then onto the bench press etc.

If i remember correctly, He told Markos he was going to warmup with push-ups for the bench press, when Markos specifically said warmup with the empty bar, i think this is where Markos gave up lol.

Then... few minutes later, Markos tries to give him an explanation on where his going wrong, not squatting first etc etc and he continues to argue that his not finished yet.

I'd pay to watch that again. Could not stop laughing lol. Although Markos, i dunno why you bother lol.

Oh and there was definitely more to it, which Markos will maybe go into more detail, couldn't remember much, too busy laughing lol.

That's just crap, he doesn't deserve the attention hes getting. I'd be interested to know if the atmosphere has changed, hope not.

If he's not pulling his weight (pardon the pun), the coach should drop him, simple as that.

I explained to them that I was only interested in the ones that want to improve, he's not one of them, he has yet to do a session.

I have to admit, there are a few who push very hard, its just that most have less knowledge on weight training than the average Health Spa member.

As Huey saw, I dont mince words, I told him he trained like a faggot, he's soft and he majors in the minor shit, just like most of his mates.

He's witnessed how Huey and the others were training, and he's bouncing his ironing board back and ass on a bouncy ball.

He claims to have OP, I think he caught softcockinit

On a brighter note, we have a few that go real hard, Max was quite impressed with one guy, around 6'6", had never squatted or cleaned.

He squatted 90kg x 10 in perfect form, benched 90kg x 10 and powercleaned 70kg x 3 with great technique.

We havent pushed any of the boys hard yet, I spoke to Simon and he's cutting kids every session, I'll wait till he gets rid of the ones who arent up to it so as I'm not wasting my time.

If he's not pulling his weight (pardon the pun), the coach should drop him, simple as that.

Most of the footballers looked like they were training pretty hard (effort wise), they're still learning basic technique though.

I think peer pressure may push him in the right direction after a short period of time :)