• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strength & Conditioning for footballers

They've only had one, against Pt Melbourne last week.

Frankston had 24 players out, 11 first team maybes.

Port finished 3rd last year and have picked up more players.

Port won by 4 goals, 18-14, Goose was pretty impressed with the boys

They play Casey this weekend.

Frankston have lost their best player in Hibbo, who is going to play firsts with Essendon straight up, he will be missed seeing they dont have the funds to replace him.

The attrition rate out on the track is alarming. We lost another couple during the game. Its mostly joints etc, shoulders, ankles, knees.

I suppose every club goes through it.

I'll post up how they go against Casey, which is Melbourne's affiliate

I should add, a few of us stayed back and watched the game on Saturday.

The gap in experience is obvious, with the majority of Dolphins aged between 18-21.

Port had Skipper, McGrath, Bentick who are all ex AFL players. Skipper was at Hawthorn in 2010.

Frankston fell 50 odd points behind during the 3rd quater, but instead of capitulating like they did last year, out scored them by 5 goals from then on.

Frankstons captain, who is 32 and an unbelievable footballer, hurt his knee in the first 8 minutes, he was sorely missed.

That's a good result. Will Fev be playing this week for Casey?

That comeback can definitely be attributed to their increased fitness. The confidence the team will gain from that will be invaluable. Any time they're within 4-5 goals after half time they are still going to be well and truly in the game.

Not too sure that the comeback was fitness related, but it was good to see they didnt roll over.

Apparantly last year they got smashed in the second half of all games. This was an issue we had to address. Fitness is one component. Belief is another.

They know they are much stronger this year, hopefully they get extra confidence from that

Fev wont be playing this weekend

Nevertheless, their increased fitness will certainly come in handy during the season.

I'll be keeping a keen eye on Frankston's performance this season.

Looking forward to the updates.

Back luck about all the injury's, Markus. Sometimes these things happen.

Will they do any training with you in-season as well?

Its mainly the rehab boys.

There are 4-5 who do extra sessions, and a handful who do some work before training on Monday and Wednesday

Read through the whole 48 pages. Even 1-2 years on I still find this very interesting.

Congrats on all your success with the growing gyms PTC.

PTC gyms have been very successful but the training of a footy team wasn't.

No surprise really. Most footy players are allergic to lifting weights.

ironaphobic

Every pre season we have our trainer write up a lifting program and go through it with everyone. After 2 weeks you are lucky if you have 4-5 out of the 40-50 players doing it.

The myth that players will bulk up and get slow by lifting weights is still very strong.

is that because they look to the pro AFL players?

Or are they just lazy?

My opinion is its because AFL being largely about skill and fitness the top players can get away without ever lifting a weight. So it's not seen as a priority even though it will definitely help someones game.

The self proclaimed "the weapon" certainly placed a nail in the coffin for the benefits of strength training in sport.

IMO, Although he made a significant difference to the strength of players he trained His methods were bordering on criminal.