• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stretch routine

Daniel.308

Okay well you guys are probably getting sick of all the threads I'm putting up regarding a whole lot of questions I have... Though I think after this one I should have my shit sorted...

Soooo. . . Pretty much when I go to the gym I stretch my legs a little and start squatting really light to warm up... I never really had an issue until 2days ago where I am now feeling a sharp pain in my lower back and glutes... The sharp pain in my glutes has been there for a while though haven't felt it for a few weeks, though on Wednesday when I went to warm up with 60kg deadlift (thought I could save time by leaving the original 20kg plate and keep adding) I felt my lower back go REAL tight and so did my glutes...

I think I just have a weak as **** lower back with no flexibility though would like to know if any of you guys know a good fast stretch routine that could be performed alone without a stretching partner?

Thanks in advance

Daniel.

There's novsuch thing as a good fast stretching routine. EVERY time I train I spend 5 minutes on the bike cycling gently to warm up & stretch for 10 minutes. Post workout I stretch for 15 minutes
Posted via Mobile Device

Dave has some good recommendations on this one. I had a similar problem which led to me putting my back out badly and I was out of action properly for a month. I wouldtry and find the link but I'm on my phone. They may have even been pm's.

"insert generic Dave comment here"
Posted via Mobile Device

As PB said no stretching can be fast. I would look at your hips you probably have tight hip flexors and hammies (we all most likely do). Stretch these every day whenever you can even twice a day if you want. You should look into stretching your glutes and external rotators too which can screw up your hip mechanics. If you get your hips in order your pelvis gets corrected which leads to a proper base for your torso.

Just do a basic hamstring stretch (search the net if need be) and a modified lunge for stretching your hip flexors (search the net again videos are everywhere).

Is the pain muscular?

Forget about stretching it's not going to do much if anything.

Stop being a sissy and just walk it out.
Posted via Mobile Device

That depends if he is tight Andy. Tight hamstrings and hip flexors lead to a lot of back problems, if he has good flexibility then I agree waste of time but since he is overweight and most likely was very sedentary and as he is a student he is probably extremely tight in his hips which will be putting pressure on his erectors.

Okay well you guys are probably getting sick of all the threads I'm putting up regarding a whole lot of questions I have... Though I think after this one I should have my shit sorted...

Soooo. . . Pretty much when I go to the gym I stretch my legs a little and start squatting really light to warm up... I never really had an issue until 2days ago where I am now feeling a sharp pain in my lower back and glutes... The sharp pain in my glutes has been there for a while though haven't felt it for a few weeks, though on Wednesday when I went to warm up with 60kg deadlift (thought I could save time by leaving the original 20kg plate and keep adding) I felt my lower back go REAL tight and so did my glutes...

I think I just have a weak as **** lower back with no flexibility though would like to know if any of you guys know a good fast stretch routine that could be performed alone without a stretching partner?

Thanks in advance

Daniel.

OK. I"ve done what I like to do the most. Research..and plenty of it. From what I found, is that if you feel you have pain in your lower back, it would indicate that you may have poor ankle mobility (note not flexibility, they are two different things). That as well as poor hip mobility & glute flexibility. I highly recommend that you surf over to Youtube & search for 'Ankle mobility drills'.

When you squat, do you find your ankles elevate (come off the ground), while a lot of stress is on your toes? This is a red flag for poor ankle mobility.

I wouldn't say you have a weak back. The back pain you're feeling could be a sign that your lower back is doing tooo much of the work, instead of your glutes, hamstrings & calves).

When I"m prepared i"ll make a good post about flexibility & Mobility. How I feel that over the next ten or so years, it will become as 'attractive' as strength &/or power training. I strongly believe that gluite flexibility, hip mobility & correctly equipped hammstrings are major contributors to performance.

OK. I"ve done what I like to do the most. Research..and plenty of it. From what I found, is that if you feel you have pain in your lower back, it would indicate that you may have poor ankle mobility (note not flexibility, they are two different things). That as well as poor hip mobility & glute flexibility. I highly recommend that you surf over to Youtube & search for 'Ankle mobility drills'.

When you squat, do you find your ankles elevate (come off the ground), while a lot of stress is on your toes? This is a red flag for poor ankle mobility.

I wouldn't say you have a weak back. The back pain you're feeling could be a sign that your lower back is doing tooo much of the work, instead of your glutes, hamstrings & calves).

Damn dude that's exactly what happens... My heels come off the ground when I squat... I'm on my done so I will post up more when I'm home....

Thank you all for your informative posts!!!

When I"m prepared i"ll make a good post about flexibility & Mobility. How I feel that over the next ten or so years, it will become as 'attractive' as strength &/or power training. I strongly believe that gluite flexibility, hip mobility & correctly equipped hammstrings are major contributors to performance.
Posted via Mobile Device