• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Subsititue to protein shake after workout?

walt

DuffProteinMan
What is a good substitute to a protein shake after a workout. Ive tried looking online but then when i go to another site it says the opposite. I'm thinking its nuts though - and is a handful a right amount?

I'm quite partial to a Salmon pack from the sushi shop. Much more tasty than boring old almonds. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Steak.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Yep

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

I cant get steak every time (live in large family), so its either tuna or milk.

Thank you

I don't particularly like Salmon or tuna either, but I force myself to eat it because I know it's good for me, after a while, you will learn to like it, it's like unflavoured WPC powder lol.

Milk for ease of use, jus buy the 1 litre bottle's, 35g protein and around 50g carbs, too easy.

I usually have 1L milk walking out of gym, than 45 minutes or so later steak and vegies.

wow, so u drink 2 L of milk after a workout? Is the low-fat milk the best?(i'm guessing)

Also, i usually just have dinner straight after the workout. This is fine right? or do i need to have milk or whatever, wait an hour then have it?

Last edited:
most people on these forums suggest full fat milk (from the posts Ive seen). personally I don't drink much milk.

I always have about 3/4 cup of oats with about 2 cups of milk all blended to chug down about 2 minutes after I last take my hands off the bar, then Im always cooking T for myself and the kids within 20 mins or so of finishing my workout.