• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

T-bar rows

Would you prefer I posted a different BBer? As Freako said, T-Bar row isn't an official lift in PL, but it's still a great exercise, Let's keep an open mind, not everyone here is purely powerlifting orientated.

But its not an easily comparable lift as every machine's leverages are different as is ghetto-style. You don't have to relate it back to PLing, just to the big barbell lifts (squat, bench, dead, mp, powerclean, etc).

I think anything that can't really be 'cheated' is all good.
ie some leg press machines I reckon I could do 400kg others 200kg.

A barbell and weights is a barbell and weights (tolerances pending lol)

But its not an easily comparable lift as every machine's leverages are different as is ghetto-style. You don't have to relate it back to PLing, just to the big barbell lifts (squat, bench, dead, mp, powerclean, etc).
I always thought a T-Bar row was just a normal Olympic bar with plates on one end, other end against a wall? Like the video I posted? Not on a machine. No leverages there, just as Greyhume said, bar, plates and gravity.

That's what a t-bar row began as but many people only know them as the machine...
[ame=http://www.google.com.au/search?q=t-bar+row+machine&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=471#um=1&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=t-bar+row+&oq=t-bar+row+&aq=f&aqi=g1&aql=&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=19454l19454l0l21313l1l1l0l0l0l0l418l418l4-1l1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=88bb1ff0464f028f&biw=1024&bih=471]t-bar row machine - Google Search[/ame]

I'll be doing them with just a barbell with one end in the corner of the room (towel protecting the walls) and the weight on one end. This is how Pavel says to do them so like that I will!

The grip is closer together so you work your lats more than your upper back when compared to pendlay rows

The grip is closer together so you work your lats more than your upper back when compared to pendlay rows

That is not correct.

On many levels.

A chinning movement is primarily a movement that involves the so called lats

A rowing movement is an upper back or should I say a complete back movement.

A narrow grip will not allow a full rom, to achieve a full rom your hands would need to be slightly wider that the shoulder and your hands will need to facing each other rather than a supinated or pronated position.

That is not correct.

On many levels.

A chinning movement is primarily a movement that involves the so called lats

A rowing movement is an upper back or should I say a complete back movement.

A narrow grip will not allow a full rom, to achieve a full rom your hands would need to be slightly wider that the shoulder and your hands will need to facing each other rather than a supinated or pronated position.

Actually a narrow grip will work the lats more than a wider grip.
Difference between underhand/overhand and close grip/wide grip when BB rowing. - Bodybuilding.com Forums

I know this isn't a proper citation but I don't have the time to dig around referencing books right now.