• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Testing new equipment

Thats an illegal bar for competition.

No dramas as a gym bar, but I need to make sure all my equipment is competition legal.

Having a wider than legal spacing between the collars changes the dynamics.

If you needed to get a special bar for your bench, your bench is poorly made and also not legal.

I have a power rack, squat stands and bench press, and the width of the uprights is the same on 3, any equipment that isnt is poorly made.

Thats a nice Bench press that synergy make though, I rate it slightly better than mine, but its not one I would buy.

I'm way too fussy now that I train clients. I should scour the net and post up a pic of the kind I rate

Thats an illegal bar for competition.

No dramas as a gym bar, but I need to make sure all my equipment is competition legal.

Having a wider than legal spacing between the collars changes the dynamics.

If you needed to get a special bar for your bench, your bench is poorly made and also not legal.

I have a power rack, squat stands and bench press, and the width of the uprights is the same on 3, any equipment that isnt is poorly made.

Thats a nice Bench press that synergy make though, I rate it slightly better than mine, but its not one I would buy.

I'm way too fussy now that I train clients. I should scour the net and post up a pic of the kind I rate

The gym now has the standard ABC bars and they fit fine, maybe a 4cm gap to the collars on each side.

No issues at all, dead straight.

We are using both of the bars Gym Direct sent down at the football club. We use them for squats, deads, benches.

Everything still good

I'm getting one of these ad well they look good. Though if markos can't break it I doubt I can..

However I will try.

The bar is slot nicer then the cheaper abc bars that were at my gym though.
Posted via Mobile Device

does both sleeves rotate freely on your 600kg bar? i also have one from gym direct and was told they both will rotate freely after a few weeks ( one wasnt spinning as good as the other) still isn't spinning as well as the other yet..

Ok, here's a question inspired from strong enough?'s post.

What, if any equipment would you like to see on the market which isn't commonly available?
Noted that a good, strong flat bench, to the desired dimensions/specifications are not common, we may look into this.

Anything else?

A heavy duty prowler
A cambered bar
A multi grip bar

does both sleeves rotate freely on your 600kg bar? i also have one from gym direct and was told they both will rotate freely after a few weeks ( one wasnt spinning as good as the other) still isn't spinning as well as the other yet..

Both ends spin fine, but we use the bars for squats, deads and benches, we have a dedicated bar for the Oly lifts, the ZK bar costs $1000. It has needle bearings which are meant for the quick lifts.

Spinning collars mean nothing on powerlifts at all.

BUMP!!

Markos, is that bar the muscle motion one off gym direct? is it still doing ok, straight etc?

Thinking about buying a 600kg rated one to use for banded box squats as i wanna keep my elieko all purty ; - )