• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Chocoholics Thread

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Lets post our favorite choccies, choc cafés or choc recipes. Don't hold back. Lets see 'em

Last edited:
Prefer the white ones, rafaello or however you spell them.
Lindt balls are also pretty good

As far as recipe's or desserts, can't go past a molten lava cake

Plain old Cadbury bar for me
and Flake
and Lindt shells
and aero bars
and chock wedges
and chock paddle pops
and chock Easter eggs

The Aldi brand choc block tastes pretty good. Prolly not much actual choc in it though.

Prefer the white ones, rafaello or however you spell them.
Lindt balls are also pretty good

As far as recipe's or desserts, can't go past a molten lava cake

White lindt balls = best
Kinder surprise are good but not enough, other then that mostly cadbury.

Heard on the news that the cocoa bean is getting harder to find and in future will eventually run out.
WTF? Can't they cultivate the shit?
What are they on about? I thought it grew on plantations.

there is a cacao bean bank. it won't become extinct due to a lack of the ability to cultivate.

although, changes to climate and extreme weather events will impact crops more often and therefore supply.
most companies also stockpile beans because of the delicate nature of growing cacao.

Cacao grows between +/- 16 deg latitude so a very tropical only crop and not in all areas. It does best when grown under the protection of other plants.

the stuff you guys seem to call chocolate is predominantly sourced from the Ivory Coast. The quality of the cacao used in the candy bars you mention in the posts here contain little in the way of quality cacao.

Not being a choc snob. It's just true. The crops that supply the big candy makers are designed to produce high yields with little in the way of quality or flavour.

Last edited:
This.

Green%20and%20Black%27s%2085%20Dark%20Chocolate%20Block.png

The only 85% dark chocolate I've found that doesn't feel like eating chalk. I have 3-4 pieces each morning with my morning shake. Kills any cravings for anything sweet.

there is a cacao bean bank. it won't become extinct due to a lack of the ability to cultivate.

although, changes to climate and extreme weather events will impact crops more often and therefore supply.
most companies also stockpile beans because of the delicate nature of growing cacao.

Cacao grows between +/- 16 deg latitude so a very tropical only crop and not in all areas. It does best when grown under the protection of other plants.

the stuff you guys seem to call chocolate is predominantly sourced from the Ivory Coast. The quality of the cacao used in the candy bars you mention in the posts here contain little in the way of quality cacao.

Not being a choc snob. It's just true. The crops that supply the big candy makers are designed to produce high yields with little in the way of quality or flavour.

Aha.......so it's the climate it's sensitive to and grows slow.
I thought you could grow it like potatoes.

@Headly; I know D'Anvers :)
Not a fan of their made chocs BUT they do have bars made from the rarest cacao in the world.

It's beautiful. Not because it is rare but because it is a lovely bean that produces a chocolate with a very complex and lovely aroma and flavour

It's called Fortunato no. 4

The story behind it is also pretty cool
Will post link when I get to a computer later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk