• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Freediving/spearfishing thread.

Just bought new carbon fibre fins, dive watch and a new mask to trial.
Be eating baked beans on toast for a few weeks now...:(
On another note, kings are abundant. Here's my mate with a nice little one.

aebfdd41cbdf5ae86a764074fcf312c8.jpg

Just bought new carbon fibre fins, dive watch and a new mask to trial.
Be eating baked beans on toast for a few weeks now...:(
On another note, kings are abundant. Here's my mate with a nice little one.

aebfdd41cbdf5ae86a764074fcf312c8.jpg
shit, nice kingy. How big?

Yeah we estimate around 9-10kg. Just a baby really. Plenty more where he came from.

Dived Rottnest yesterday, mixed bag of parrots, goats, breaksea, one 6kg Dhufish and I shot a stonker of a king George whiting.
Got my new dive watch and had my third day out with it. Amazing how my diving has improved since.
Did 91 dives yesterday, the majority around 10m and around 50s to 1m. Had about a dozen around 14m and best time was 1.35.

Dived Rottnest yesterday, mixed bag of parrots, goats, breaksea, one 6kg Dhufish and I shot a stonker of a king George whiting.
Got my new dive watch and had my third day out with it. Amazing how my diving has improved since.
Did 91 dives yesterday, the majority around 10m and around 50s to 1m. Had about a dozen around 14m and best time was 1.35.
I gotta get out a spearfish this summer. I need to practise holding my breath first though, I suck haha.

so jealous! free food (tho looks like your using a boat so not exactly free, petrol etc)

can you get decent size fish without a boat these days?

so jealous! free food (tho looks like your using a boat so not exactly free, petrol etc)

can you get decent size fish without a boat these days?

Yeah there's still good cray spots and the odd KG or mulloway might be speared from Perth beaches.
Further south the guys do extremely well off the shore. Kings, Blue Groper, Pinkies, abs and crays.
This trip was still only $30 each in car and boat fuel and we each took probably $150+ worth of A grade fillets.
Makes it worth it, but the fun for me is just getting in the water.

Yeah there's still good cray spots and the odd KG or mulloway might be speared from Perth beaches.
Further south the guys do extremely well off the shore. Kings, Blue Groper, Pinkies, abs and crays.
This trip was still only $30 each in car and boat fuel and we each took probably $150+ worth of A grade fillets.
Makes it worth it, but the fun for me is just getting in the water.

yeah that sounds awesome man.

i know of a spot near me, its even nick named Groper (surf spot off a rock shelf) and have seen snorkel and spear fishing there. Is there a web page or something with the rules of what you can pull out of the water, and what is decent eating? would love to learn some more.

cheers and happy spearing :)

Just look up the local fisheries website for your state. The WA one has all the bag and size limits, how to apply for specific licences etc