• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The standing overhead press

Ah, thanks for clarifying.

I see that you're in perth - try to track down an oly lifting club, they could probably help you with your clean.

Best of luck :)

Ah, I see all variations.

I am just focusing on my standing mil press at the moment. I'll have to start cleaning the bar up though. I will also have to start push pressing to get ready for AD10.

What is AD10?

I will be grateful if u can explain?:)

L

It is a comp that is held at PTC in Melbourne Victoria. AD10 - Australia Day 2010.

Check out ptcfrankston.com and look at the first vid down the page. That is a comp that was held there last weekend, some VERY strong guys and girls participate in it.

Cheers! Mate!!

In fact, Seated Military Press Shoulder Exercise is my favourite, and It helps to build my Deltoids, which I am keen on making it as big as possible. Current lift is 30 kg, and if I need to lift a heavier weight I need to get a spotter so that someone is there to help me re-rack the bar when I reach muscular failure!

Thats not a military press, its just a seated press.

For a MP, clean the bar to your shoulders, lock your knees, press the bar with zero leg drive to lockout. Thats a military press.

With the Arnold press, could never understand the reasoning behind the rotation.

the best advice ive had for doing military presses came from Markos. "get your head in the hole when your arms go up". it stopped me arching my back so much with the heavier weights.

"Push your head forward" advice bumped me up 5kg straight away when I adjusted my technique.

Nice tip, although I assume that this is towards the end of the movement (ie. when you lockout) rather than when the bar is coming up past your face :p

I have bumped my nose doing OH press, talk about bruised pride...

Ah yeah, I do this. Because I have to move it back slightly when I bring the bar back down. Do you guys find this as well?

yer i do ive also hit my snozz as well and mine isnt even a big snozz i like how it makes the top of my back feel shoulders too i just tryed the put ya head in the hole trick outside with my old rusty barbell its good i think ive already been doing this some what which is good

Thats not a military press, its just a seated press.

For a MP, clean the bar to your shoulders, lock your knees, press the bar with zero leg drive to lockout. Thats a military press.

With the Arnold press, could never understand the reasoning behind the rotation.

Thank, PTC, for your information. Among these two, I still wonder which one will produce a better effect in term of increasing of the size of your shoulder muscles!!

Will apprecaite your answer!

L:):)