• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thinking of training twice a day..

Johnnie Walker

Borderline Kunce
Hi guys, im off work for the next 8 weeks (basically entire length of my cycle)

Thinking about putting the time to good use and training twice a day, how ever I have never done this and dont know what I would do in the second session lol (cardio probably not a great option due to being on a ton of tren)

This is my current routine,

Monday,

Squats, 5 5 5 3 2 1 1 (to the point im over it) building to max effort
Leg press 5x5 max effort
Leg extensions 3x8 (not always)
Stretching

Tuesday,

Bench press 10x2 50% 1rm
barbell standing sholder press (or wtf you call it) 5x5
Close grip bench 5x5
Abs/Core work
Stretching

Wednesday,
Squats 10x2 50% 1rpm
Deads 10x2 1rpm
Byceps curls (various)
Farmers walk 3xexhaustion
Glute ham raises
Stretching

Thursday,
Bench Press 5 5 5 3 2 111 etc max effort
Dips 5x5
Dumbell flys 5x5
Stretching

Friday,

Deads 5 5 5 3 211 etc max
Barbell rows 5x5
Rope pulls 3xexhaustion (ussualy about 4 lengths of the rope)
Stretching

Sat , Sun rest

Not really looking for a massive critique of my routine..just thoughts for possible 2nd session. Gona be on a pretty decent cycle so doubt over training going to be to much of an issue

Cheers

Two a days will be the best decision you ever made
I like to keep the morning session light, doing fun bullshit and light stuff like arms, neck, calves, lats etc. Then I'll go heavy in the afternoon

Also, unless you plan on using a bench shirt and squat suit, I'd increase the percentages on the "dynamic" day considerably. 70-75% is probably about right. 10x2x50% will do exactly two things- jack and shit

I like them more as a form of practice than anything else, but I do find myself a bit sore the next day from them..nothing major though. Will maybe add in a bit extra weight..

Want to keep the main stuff in the morning due to the gym due to gym being quiet..its a tiny gym and is rammed at night, so would rather do the less imprtant stuff when its busy

Your technique will be different at 50% than it is at 100%. Even if you think it's exact, hell even if it is exact the body fires the muscles differently. It's hard to explain without writing an entire article. Maybe I should just link an article. Give me a few mins

Nah I know its not exact but still like to work on my form..

For instance on my heavy deads I always reset myself on each rep..i find bang and go is easier but my form goes to shit..have 10x better form if I reset each rep (takes like 3secs to reset)

Nah I know its not exact but still like to work on my form..

For instance on my heavy deads I always reset myself on each rep..i find bang and go is easier but my form goes to shit..have 10x better form if I reset each rep (takes like 3secs to reset)

Yeah that is fine, you just need to up the % a bit

Im thinking maybe doing my workout as above in the mornings..then at night doing high rep stuff of the same body part...madness?

I think you're better off doing the reps after the heavy work- your CNS will be firing hard and you'll perform better

You're better off keeping them light/heavy or power/force imo. Or "main" work in one then "support" work like lats, abs etc in another. Personally, I can't lift for shit in the mornings and my spine feels drier than an 80 year old vagina but everyone is different with morning training

Another way of putting it- there is no amount of training volume that you won't be able to out eat and out sleep. If you enjoy something then go nuts at it and go extra hard on the sleeping and eating

So today trained back (instead of yesterday)

deads/rows/rope..

so tonight I could go do high rep lat pulls downs (wide and narrow), cable rows etc (all the gay shit)..could actually move the ropes to evening as well..

yeh?

I find it pretty much impossible to "overtrain" my back, especially lats
You can hit that all day every day. I think if in doubt, lats and abs you can't really go wrong with from a strength perspective. And neck, big neck looks great

i would look at it in the way of, strength training in the morning..then a later session working same muscle for high reps and getting a pump..really forcing all that blood into a muscle you have already nailed earlier..and while on gear. Surely this can only be a good thing?

I love training twice a day and have had some of my best results ever with training twice aday - would split it up mostly into 5 Heavy sessions with 5 light i.e Heavy back Monday and then light session Thursday etc etc

If you have the time (I dont anymore) - I would def give it a crack mate....good fun.

I'd do it the other way around personally. I hate heavy stuff in the morning.

The sheiko based cycle I'm running soon will have me hitting lighter squats and bench variations in the morning then heavier comp lifts in the evening.