• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Time for a fat tax ?

Yes just what we need more effing taxes. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

mwahahaha Skala :D

didn't Brick already have this thread?

let's tax fat people, yes. Oh and fast foods? Yes cuz half the 'normal sized' people on this forum eat plenty of shit, day after day after day, so yes, let's tax fast food!
let's tax smokers more, because they're fucking up our health system!
let's tax alcoholics, drugs addicts and gambling addicts more because the strain on our health and mental health systems is just unacceptable.
let's hit all people who are outside of their weight range, as indexed (i.e. almost everyone on this forum and certainly about 70% of Australia) with a carbon tax bill. Because they're bigger, they breathe more air and their farts would contain more gas....therefore, contributing to destroying the earth.

Man I could just go on forever......:rolleyes:

Get the TGA onto it like they did with DMAA... some people are "abusing" sugar, getting "high" on it, so let's ban it for everyone.

what's the problem with being taxed? it's the price you pay for living in a 1st world country and the vast majority of it comes back to us in the form of essential public services like health, roads and education.

Considering qld govt are cutting 22mil off the education budget and wasting money on tunnels that don't solve anything mm

so the issue is not being taxed, but the way the public revenue is being spent? that's a whole other issue. In this case i think people are suggesting that a "fat-tax" would go into health spending to subsidize the extra burden that "fat" people place on the health system - that renders the issue of questioning how tax is being spent as a red-herring...

just to re-iterate, i'm not pro or anti this idea, i'm just interested to see where the discussion can go...

what would be effective in getting people less overweight then ?

If people can't get motivated to help themselves (and reduce the added burden to the health costs), what method would work to motivate them other than make the unhealthy choice more expensive ?

If we keep moving towards the Yank system - which seems to be what the Liberals want, employers are going to have to cough up for health insurance and they don't want to do that (most don't only a few companies sponsor health and fitness costs for employees).

A lot of people might find that they have to drop weight in a hurry to keep their jobs as what the insurer says goes

Last edited:
what's the problem with being taxed? it's the price you pay for living in a 1st world country and the vast majority of it comes back to us in the form of essential public services like health, roads and education.

Depends on your income bracket .... Progressive taxation means that this is less true the more money you make and that you are effectively subsiding others who potentially don't work as hard.

Thats why so many of the rich are fans of user pays.

I don't mind paying a bit more if it helps others but draw the line at people getting paid to do f all or pretend to be injured

Health system is a joke, but still better then the rest of the world. Public education is becoming a child care system, and is clearly failing with more children overweight and not learning how to eat properly, or to teach their children how to eat properly. Roads, ate a joke, everywhere because our public transport lags behind the rest of the world.

what would be effective in getting people less overweight then ?

If people can't get motivated to help themselves (and reduce the added burden to the health costs), what method would work to motivate them other than make the unhealthy choice more expensive ?

If we keep moving towards the Yank system - which seems to be what the Liberals want, employers are going to have to cough up for health insurance and they don't want to do that (most don't only a few companies sponsor health and fitness costs for employees).

A lot of people might find that they have to drop weight in a hurry to keep their jobs as what the insurer says goes

Lex Luther
Do you think this just happened overnight, and a few people on a supposadly small insignificant weight throwing forum will have the answer for an epidemic that's been with us since the industrial revolution?

As the Chinese would say, rots of ruck.

also how do they measure someone as being overweight? is it still the bmi?
perhaps we need some decent doctors as the last time i went to the doctors i was told i was overweight, i told the doctor im doing weight training and he told me to stop it as it was making me gain weight? WTF

Health system is a joke, but still better then the rest of the world. Public education is becoming a child care system, and is clearly failing with more children overweight and not learning how to eat properly, or to teach their children how to eat properly. Roads, ate a joke, everywhere because our public transport lags behind the rest of the world.

so you're saying that we should pay more tax so that these things can all be rectified? ;)

The epidemic has got a lot worse in the last 10 -15 years.

Is that because of sugar or could it be that our population is growing at a staggering amount?

It's also been said that; "more people are going to gym! Wow!

Interesting to note that very, very few have set weight throwing records, considering how many people are lifting, something's not right, what is it?

Is that because of sugar or could it be that our population is growing at a staggering amount?

It's also been said that; "more people are going to gym! Wow!

Interesting to note that very, very few have set weight throwing records, considering how many people are lifting, something's not right, what is it?

this guy.

The population growing larger and people getting fatter just means we're going to run out of resources faster and have a greater impact on the country - takes a larger area of land to support everyone.

Can support more healthy non over weight people with less resources.

More sugar and fat are getting consumed than ever before.

What just do nothing and let health costs blow out or governments make everything user pays and people die because they can't afford to go to the doctor ?

The population growing larger and people getting fatter just means we're going to run out of resources faster and have a greater impact on the country - takes a larger area of land to support everyone.

Can support more healthy non over weight people with less resources.

More sugar and fat are getting consumed than ever before.

What just do nothing and let health costs blow out or governments make everything user pays and people die because they can't afford to go to the doctor ?

sugar and fat make people fat,

I eat sugar and fat daily, (quite a lot of it actually)

does that mean im fat?