• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To bounce the deadlift or not to, that is the question.

walt

DuffProteinMan
I currently bounce the deadlift. Makes me able to use more weight.

Am i doing it right?

To continue bouncing the deadlift.

I dont see the point of stopping the deadlift and losing all your momentum, it just makes the lift harder?

To continue bouncing the deadlift.

I dont see the point of stopping the deadlift and losing all your momentum, it just makes the lift harder?

Very true. Don't pause between bench reps either brah - you'll smash heaps more

It's supposed to be hard.

personally i need to pause 1-2 seconds inbetween reps to flatten my back. If i bounce i round.

Its a bit like the difference between T&G vs Paused benching. I never bounce my deads but when doing higher rep sets I do tend to T&G vs stop, lose tension, pause, lift again. If its a 10 rep set then I'm so flogged that the last few reps end up being fully paused anyway as I struggle for breath but it in no way makes the lift harder as I don't bounce it when doing T&G anyway so get no "assistance" from the bounce momentum.

Each to their own. You're training for yourself, but if you want to be super strict then pause it like a paused bench.

Cheers,
Mike

Romanian Deadlifts or Deadlifts?

when Doing RDLs, I stop just before touching the ground, full deadlifts complete stop and reset.

I currently bounce the deadlift. Makes me able to use more weight.

Am i doing it right?

If I'm going to want to build, strengthen and improve the flexibility of the lower muscleture safely I'm going to use the dead-lift, I'm going to lift smoothly and lower smoothly, I'm going to re-set each rep once I hit the floor.

If I'm training for a powerlifting competition, I would be doing the same plus I would also train singles, I would lift the weight, then drop it and repeat. I would be doing mostly rep work until I get closer to the comp and the start gradually focusing more on my singles.

Do what you want and works for you.

Pick it up put it down increase weight each time. Doesn't matter..

People overcomplicate things...

Pick it up put it down increase weight. If you want to change what your doing do it and trial for yourself.

Last edited:
Do what you want and works for you.

Pick it up put it down increase weight each time. Doesn't matter..

People overcomplicate things...

Pick it up put it down increase weight. If you want to change what your doing do it and trial for yourself.

How nice it would be if we under simplified :p

What I do is load the bar with bumper plates. Once I lock out I let go & wait for the bar to bounce back, re-grip while in the air & lock out.

It took a while to get the timing down with the grip but its working for me. :)

How nice it would be if we under simplified :p

This is directed at the OP.

He is deadlifting 135kg.

I say deadlift and add weight...

Every can get a little too into it sometimes.

If a 160kg person comes on here we dont give them a total list of macro and micro nutrients and a complete eating list. We make general reccomendations.

I think OP just needs to get stronger and not so much worry about "bouncing" I would like to see weights bouncing on concrete. If he concentrated on getting stronger and bigger then there wouldnt be a problem. This is trivial in the grand schemes of things in regards to his trianing.

Last edited: