• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To bounce the deadlift or not to, that is the question.

Well, your a fool if you let it bounce instead of controlling it, but buy all means carry on if you don't mind being a cripple in your senior years, it's your gamble.

The idea of exercise is to reduce the amount of injury when participating in a chosen sport.

I went to the rugby last Friday, the captain injured himself in the gym, taking risks, if I was the coach I would have sacked that useless bag of hair strength coach they have there.

Please andy show me how you can bounce 200kg of steel off concrete.

This is how i train, its what works for me.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaiuLrmajgk[/ame]

I suggets people on here do the same safely and no worry so much about what others are doing.

Not everyone deadlifts off concrete. Not terribly hard to bounce rubber or bumper plates off the deadlift platform or typical gym mat.

Bouncing makes deadlift easier, LMD. You should also squat shallow. It makes the squat easier too, and you can use more weight! What's not to love?

easier, yes,

but the biggest issue i see is the sudden deload and relaod of the posterior chain, this can lead to injuries.

Its a bit like the difference between T&G vs Paused benching.

I think it's different. The bench press and the squat start from the top and are lowered first, while the deadlift starts from the bottom and is lifted before it is lowered.

If bouncing the deadlift is, as people say, bad (because it makes it easier), what about bouncing at the bottom of the overhead press? The press starts from the bottom and is lifted before it is lowered just like the deadlift. However, I know Rippetoe recommends bouncing from the bottom of the press and taking breaths at the top. I currently press that way.

So what do ye say to that? Should the press be bounced and if so, why is it different to the deadlift? I guess bouncing off the floor is different to bouncing off the strech reflex, but yeah.

Its just like everything in life.

No one knows..

But we can give reasons why and why not. Then let people decide what to do.

i will now stop at the bottom for 1-2 seconds.

Thanks to all those that answered............

do you bounce the weight at the top of your squat and bench?

No, so dont fucking bounce your deadlift

No everyone does it at the bottom...

Quick someone tell ronnie and benedikt they are doing it all wrong...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FLZfgsRebg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DchUE6Wy67s[/ame]

Last edited:
You're living in a dream world young man.

That is not exercise that is showing strength, but keep doing what your doing.

You're living in a dream world young man.

That is not exercise that is showing strength, but keep doing what your doing.

Riddler.gif

When you're deadlifting 400kg you can do it any way you want. But that doesn't mean that touch and go is the only or best way to do it.