• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To the Bodybuilders out there

My main goal is to look the part. Not worried about strength simply aesthetics, obviously building strength is something very important if I want to build muscle.

I'm sort of in the same boat, but not too fussed at the moment. As I'll be more inclined to make comments once I finish the beginners program and see what changes it's made to my body.

Max-ot is an awesome workout. Got my best gains ever from that. Hypertrophy is a dirt word here so I don't see you getting rained on with the advice you want. As long as your compounds are at the start of your workout and your resting/eating enough go for it.

Google max-ot and see what you think.

Most of all if people disagree with those types of workouts tell them to try them first.

well said.

index.php

Thats Chris

now that's an impressive physique!

shut me up thats for sure :p...we are talking about the pic of chris yeah? LOVELY

Last edited:
I like turtles because they're so chill. They don't hurt anyone. They're just like, "Hey man, I want to swim, and maybe eat some lettuce. But I'm gonna take my time getting there, I'm not in a rush. Because I'm a turtle."

I like eje. She's the most impressive member I've seen since the last time I showered. Couple of weeks ago I think it was.

I remember you saying you couldn't afford a diet I posted a while back, of meat, oats, rice, milk, eggs, fruit and nuts, etc. How do you expect to recover MORE effectively by training MORE than what you do now? Seriously, not even Arnold Schwarzenegger preaches 6 day splits for beginners. Give yourself 3-5 years of solid lifting before even contemplating a program like that.

I'm not trying to cut you down, but if you can do that program, with real intensity, consistency and decent recovery for 3 months I will bow down.

Alot of guys have gone through the whole "if I train like a bodybuilder, won't that make me a bodybuilder" thing. I have, I won't deny it. We are trying to save you from making the same mistakes. You just spin your wheels, pumping up muscles you were born with. If you want to build muscle you have to EAT and lift heavy weights. Its as simple as 2-4 exercises per workout, 3x a week.

I never said I couldn't afford milk, oats, eggs, meat and rice. I said that I had limited bidget and couldn't afford to buy too much bulk food. I do buy all of that just not the quantities you posted.

As for Arnold not recomending 6 day splits for beginers. Thats incorrect. He recomends just that in the 'The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding' page 180 he recomends a split of Monday and Thursday, Chest and Back plus power training, Tuesday and Friday Shoulders and Arms and Power Training and Wednesday and Saturday Legs and Lower back and power training. Abs 6 days a week.

I tried that program when I first strarted. The meals were quite small as well simply eating 3 times a day. 1 pound of meat a day for example. It was a bit of an overkill training with so much volume.

My main problem with the basic program being pushed on this site is that I am not feeling the muscles greatly. Today I did legs and lower back because I had a big arm workout at home 2 days ago as I wasn't able to make it to the gym. My Tris are still recovering. Today I did Squats, SLDL, Deadlift and sets on the leg press moving my feetwide, then narrow, just heels and just toes. The pump from it I saw when I got home and I can still feel it. Isn't this what I want as i'm trying to improve the look of the muscle? My best workout in months just came from leg press.

Now I'm not giving up squats and never will. They produce the most testosterone and give the whole body a great workout. But I want to add this kind of workout because it simply feels the best. Yes It may not work and I may go back to what everyone tells me on this site to do. But why not try it.

Maybe a 4 day split or even working out every day but sunday may work.

Alright this is the program i'm doing and i'll stick with until I at least hit 140kg Squat, 100kg Bench and 200kg Deadlift. Everyone think its the right way to go. I only added a couple of exercises to the PTC workout.

Squat 3 x 10
SLDL 3 x 8
Calf Raise 3 x 15
Bench Press 3 x 8
Press 3 x 8
Bent Row 3 x 8
Upright Row 2 x 8
Wide Grip Chins 2 x 8
Dips 2 x 8

Too much?