• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Topic of the Week - How Can A Beginner Bodybuilder Build A foundation to work on

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The key to a proper beginner body building workout is to establish a good foundation in which to build upon, much like building a solid foundation for a house. [/FONT]

What is the correct way for a beginner to build a foundation to build upon?
Which exercises are best for beginners? How many sets, reps, etc?
What other factors should be considered when starting out?

How long did it take for you to build your foundation? Could you have done it faster?
[/FONT]

A solid strength, whole body based routine is, in my opinion, essential for beginners.

A good diet is a necessity also.

PTC beginners program is great (for the 102302032043504854936 time).

Although when you first start working out, you are anxious to work out often, rest is your friend and is essential for building the foundation for which the mansion will be built upon.

3-4 day split focusing on compound movements with lots of good food...its simple...I have found that if a beginner is focused and doing the work you need to move them off these simple full body programs fairly fast because you will not be getting as much out of them as you could....Iam talking from a bodybuilding point of view here.

3-4 day split focusing on compound movements with lots of good food...its simple...I have found that if a beginner is focused and doing the work you need to move them off these simple full body programs fairly fast because you will not be getting as much out of them as you could....Iam talking from a bodybuilding point of view here.

While I don't disagree that turning to splits can benefit most BB'ing wannabes I don't suggest that they move on TOO fast. 3-6 months on a full-body program (not just strength specific) will benefit any lifter greatly, no matter their aspirations. I think a good rule of thumb would be when they "look like they go to the gym". Any dedicated lifter can make great beginner hypertrophy gains on a full-body routine and build some good muscular definition along with developing good strength and technique. Those who can't are honestly not training hard enough and will probably suck no matter what routine they use.

While I don't disagree that turning to splits can benefit most BB'ing wannabes I don't suggest that they move on TOO fast. 3-6 months on a full-body program (not just strength specific) will benefit any lifter greatly, no matter their aspirations. I think a good rule of thumb would be when they "look like they go to the gym". Any dedicated lifter can make great beginner hypertrophy gains on a full-body routine and build some good muscular definition along with developing good strength and technique. Those who can't are honestly not training hard enough and will probably suck no matter what routine they use.

Totally agree mate - I just know ppl who have been on say 5 x5 for like 12-24 months and then complain they dont look like a bodybuilder and ur like wtf dude really lol