• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Topic of the Week - What Is A Proper Pre, During, And Post Workout Nutrition Diet?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What Is A Proper Pre, During, And Post Workout Nutrition Diet?

To acheive good results and vet the burst of energy in your training , a good Pre, during, and post workout nutrition is essential

How and why is pre, during, and post workout nutrition important i

What should your pre, during, and post workout diet consist of?
What are some good supplements to use for pre, during, and post workout nutrition?

Pre workout for me = A banana or apple (look out)

During workout = Water...

Post workout = 500ml of milk and 3 eggs blended up...

Jelous?

Pre-workout - Carbs (Burgen Wholemeal & Seeds with Olive Oil spread for AM, Tuna on Rice Cake Thins if PM)
During is just my BCAA's (International Protein Aminos or Xtend)
After - Protein Shake (International Protein WPI)

Pre: 2hrs b4 - Steak, rice, brocoli, onion, capsicum, almonds, fishoil.
During: Water
Post: MR and a little bit of something sweet if its floating round at work.

I think that just turned me off my afternoon shake..... lol:p

My apoligies :(

Being serious though it's not as bad as it sounds and you do get used to it, plus its better then the side effects l get from having WPI or something similar.

He drinks his eggs before going for a run IIRC, that really wouldn't end well for several reasons if l drank that pre W/O

To acheive good results and vet the burst of energy in your training , a good Pre, during, and post workout nutrition is essential

Pre and post workout nutrition is very essential as if you do not eat throughout the day you will die. Other than the death and not eating throughout the day thing it is NOT essential and just provides a small benefit in recovery.

Mine is as follows:

Pre-workout: Shake (milk and whey) or a caffeine drink containing a little sugar if I am tired (rare).

Post workout: ~2000 calories, usually between ~200g pro, ~100g carbs and ~80g fat. That is a meal and keeps me going for the rest of the afternoon/evening since I have it at 3-4pm.

pre workout 150g chicken and either 1/2 cup brown rice or 200g sweet potato about 30 - 40 min before
post workout 40g wpi and 60g oats blended

Pre-Workout Meal (10 hours before training) - 250g steak or 380g chicken with 40g cheddar cheese and ~200g veggies.

10-20 minutes before training - 5g creatine monohydrate, 3g beta alanine and 5-10g EAA's
After training - 5-10g EAA's.

Post training Meal (6 hours after training) 500g Mince and 500g Veggies.

Mirin' post #9.....

Pre-Workout Meal (10 hours before training) - 250g steak or 380g chicken with 40g cheddar cheese and ~200g veggies.

10-20 minutes before training - 5g creatine monohydrate, 3g beta alanine and 5-10g EAA's
After training - 5-10g EAA's.

Post training Meal (6 hours after training) 500g Mince and 500g Veggies.

Mirin' post #9.....

You forgot to ask if I eat any veggies with it first
:p