• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Training twice a day

Sam

Anyone do this?

If so, how do you split your training up?

How much extra food did you need to eat when you started?

I guess another way to do it would be do split your current sessions in two, allowing you to train harder..?

I made a thread on this have a loot at it.

In the end decided against it, be to much stress on the body and thats on gear. (I was gona do same body part twice)

I do it sometimes, not for long periods as it takes the piss out of the CNS.
Allows me to train 3 body parts a day, all parts twice a week and weekends off to do other shit, only did 1, 2ma. Body parts if I did a Sat.
Grow quickly like that, but can't sustain for long, so I do 2 stints of 2 months per year.

Can't see the point in it for the normal trainer, you grow while you rest, not while you train. So by training twice a day IMO you are cutting into your rest time and as such your grow time.

You just need to stimulate the muscles to grow, then rest and feed them so they can grow, not destroy them.

When I have done it I have trained everything twice a week - one heavy session/one light session.

Try it - see how you go.

I do Sheiko. On the odd day when work committments have limited time in the gym I have split the sessions into morning/arvo. Works fine for me, but I haven't done it consistently enough for a long period to provide too much insight.

I do too... but i do weights in the mornings and cardio at nights either a big swim or a long walk/jog/run.

I like to work weights hard and swimming light, then alternate the following day

I have trained twice some days, it defiantly take it out of you.
I do compounds in the morning and then isolation work in the evening, hitting the same muscles

Did it today

Squats / OHP in morning (OHP suffered)
OHP in afternoon after two proper meals

Provided you're refreshed it can work great

Training twice a day
Anyone do this?

If so, how do you split your training up?

How much extra food did you need to eat when you started?

I guess another way to do it would be do split your current sessions in two, allowing you to train harder..?

Check post #82 here Fadi’s daily front squat for maximum strength gains in minimum amount of time where I write few words on the subject of overtraining or under-recovering.

Training twice or even thrice a day can be done if you manage the level of your stresses outside of the gym and recover well. No need to complicate it really. So what you do inside of the gym, is dependent on what and how you manage what you do outside of it.

Fadi.

I do Sheiko. On the odd day when work committments have limited time in the gym I have split the sessions into morning/arvo. Works fine for me, but I haven't done it consistently enough for a long period to provide too much insight.

Similar. The second session always sucks ass though.

Id rather just train for 3 hours than 2 x 1.5 hour session.

Doing miscellaneous pump fluff on the other hand isnt too bad. Sets of 20 reps of generally isolation work to get the blood flowing for the latter session feels pretty decent. But fucked if i have the time or effort to do that.

I always preferred kinda lighter in the morning
But when doing Sheiko it was always the heaviest first, haha. I hate spinal loading in the AM