• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Triceps

0ni

Registered Rustler
Which triceps exercise for you gives the biggest pump?

I added the fat gripz to the pushdown bar today and it was great
I also like laying on the incline bench and doing skullcrushers on that taking it behind my head for sets of 15

The best pump I ever got was when I was natural
It was after I did 100 straight reps of the barbell curl without stopping once

Ok do that now lol. Have u had the pump so bad your in agony and it feels like your muse is going to explode and tear your skin? I can get it so bad i cant move my fingers (this happens on doors when restraining people for an extended peroid of time)

Pretty much any exercise that directly works the triceps gives me a good pump

Main triceps exercise is weighted dips
Then followed by either tri pushdown, lying extensions on either a flat or decline bench or cable extensions with my back to a high pulley.

Two different exercises per workout
6 total sets

That v-bar pushdown is very good
I wish I was lucky that I could get a pump in triceps that easy lol. Biceps pump really easy. Same with quads, oh boy anything over 5 reps on squats and I can't do anything for a few minutes until it dies down haha. Yoke walks are hell in strongman

That v-bar pushdown is very good
I wish I was lucky that I could get a pump in triceps that easy lol. Biceps pump really easy. Same with quads, oh boy anything over 5 reps on squats and I can't do anything for a few minutes until it dies down haha. Yoke walks are hell in strongman

Anything less than 10 reps and I don't feel like I've had a good squat workout

If I had to pick one I would say the ez bar grip on the cable machine (closeish grip) - gets my tris totally pumped even after 1-2 sets.

If I had access to one all the time I would say a triceps dip machine - fuck these bad boys are insane.

Anything less than 10 reps and I don't feel like I've had a good squat workout

Yeah, my legs are not big at all
Heavy weight doesn't build big legs, average dude needs no more than 2 plates a side in my opinion. 3 plates if you're a big guy

If you can squat 140kg for 50 reps, not stopping then you have big legs for sure. That's pretty much Platz tier squatting :p

If I had to pick one I would say the ez bar grip on the cable machine (closeish grip) - gets my tris totally pumped even after 1-2 sets.

If I had access to one all the time I would say a triceps dip machine - fuck these bad boys are insane.

Yeah dips give me an amazing pump but I can't do them at the moment
Maybe I'll give partial reps a go

Unracking a bench press
It was only like 50kg or something as well

But it's not too bad, I just avoid some exercises. I've had much worse things happen. I was pretty sure I gave myself rhabdo at one point leading up to that deadlift meet last December

Pretty much any exercise that directly works the triceps gives me a good pump

Main triceps exercise is weighted dips
Then followed by either tri pushdown, lying extensions on either a flat or decline bench or cable extensions with my back to a high pulley.

Two different exercises per workout
6 total sets

How many times a week would you do that @Darkoz ?

Which triceps exercise for you gives the biggest pump?

I added the fat gripz to the pushdown bar today and it was great
I also like laying on the incline bench and doing skullcrushers on that taking it behind my head for sets of 15

Incline skull crushers are epic!!!

after a good warmup for the tri's you want to pyramid scull crushers with ez curl bar, thumbs over not under, inner grip. strict form, maybe warmup with rope and some close grip bench to get the body thinking about lifting heavy.

use the scull crushers to go heavy, then you can isolate with > 15 rep sets, high intensity on cables and ropes and v pushdowns etc. minimal rest on the isolations, its all about the burn. lots of reps, minimal rest, even superset the isolations.

tri's are prob my best bodypart. very visible insertions even in a bi pose.

2/3rds of your upper arm is tri's, they deserve more respect than bi's!