• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

trying to find sheiko templates

You can look specifically at Medvedyev's recommendations based on strength and training age relating to the volume you're supposed to be doing. Then you just look at the volume you're doing and then work up to the recommended volume slowly. In my spreadsheet I arranged it all by volume instead of number for this reason. Makes planning the cycles a lot easier also lol

On the "average" the monthly volume for novices = 700, class 3 = 900, class 2-1 = 1K, CMS = 1.1k, MS = 1.25k, MSIC = 1.7k

You can look specifically at Medvedyev's recommendations based on strength and training age relating to the volume you're supposed to be doing. Then you just look at the volume you're doing and then work up to the recommended volume slowly. In my spreadsheet I arranged it all by volume instead of number for this reason. Makes planning the cycles a lot easier also lol

On the "average" the monthly volume for novices = 700, class 3 = 900, class 2-1 = 1K, CMS = 1.1k, MS = 1.25k, MSIC = 1.7k

Can you please give me a link to Medvedyev's recommendations?

It's in his book, I pulled these from an Eric Talment powerpoint presentation.
The volume guides are there above so go by them. Here is the rating system:
classification%20chart.jpg

You have a total of around 555kg in the 100kg class so you are Class 3 like me. The number of reps a month recommended is 900-1000 so Sheiko numbers 39, 29, 37 are recommended with 32 for peaking.
Hope this makes sense

Half the rated lifter cycles have more than 1.1k lifts a month though. How do those fit into it?

average it out with cycle 32
took me a while to figure this one out as well, until I saw that there were yearly volume recommendations as well. The 3 day cycles are not necessarily rated lifter cycles either, perfectly good for the CMS athlete. Getting a CMS total doesn't automatically qualify you for 4 day a week training and even being class 3 or 2 doesn't mean that a 4 or 5 day regime isn't best just with 900 lifts a month

average it out with cycle 32
took me a while to figure this one out as well, until I saw that there were yearly volume recommendations as well. The 3 day cycles are not necessarily rated lifter cycles either, perfectly good for the CMS athlete. Getting a CMS total doesn't automatically qualify you for 4 day a week training and even being class 3 or 2 doesn't mean that a 4 or 5 day regime isn't best just with 900 lifts a month

I've had great results from #30 and #31 as I have from CMS as well. I know Steve rates #37 very highly.