• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Update.

T

Timguyperson

Was told by you guys to train less because I was doing 6 or 7 days a week, at first I didn't want to, but I was run down and getting sick too much, and apparantly that's from overtraining so I figured I really gotta cut down. So now I'm only training every second day, and my sessions are only about 40 mins each.

Also I was told to eat more and get my calories up to around 3500. Was struggling to do this, but someone else recommended having 3L-4L of milk a day. Which I've also done.

About 6 weeks ago I got sick, lost 3kg, then over the next month I got it back, then about 2 weeks ago I got sick again but keeping up the calories and drinking a heap of milk I didn't lose any weight at all. And now only a week and a half back into it with training less and having the new diet I've already put on half a kg. And that's without creatine which I stopped taking during my last cold over 2 weeks ago (thought I'd lose weight without as much water being retained). - (and also without protein powder for the past 3 weeks becasue I ran out - getting some again in a couple days).

Also I'm lifting heavier now with less sets. Before I was going to fatigue and then just kept going to really get the muscle smashed, but now I just barely touch fatigue, but do it with heavier weights and with longer resting time between sets instead of going from one set dropping weight and straight into another. Which means I work up a sweat, but I'm not exhausted to the point of nearly passing out (and getting sick with a cold the next day).

Also I'm training legs now like you guys said. Not doing squats though, because last time I did them my right knee cap hurt for a week, I think I've just got weak knees from smashing them so much doing bmx. But leg presses and a couple other exercises does the trick for now.

Anyway just thought I'd say thanks for the recommendations because I think they are doing the trick. So close to my 3 year goal of 80 kg, up to 79.3kg right now with no body fat (sure I'm 6"1 with that weight which is still a bit skinny but I started at 65kg all those years ago).

Cheers.

Always good to hear the advice you give is helping someone achieve their goal. Sounds like your doing a lot better, keep at it, and you'll get much stronger than you ever imagined :)

Good work, keep us updated with your gains.

Gradually you will increase your lifting intensity and gains will be better.

Wow 2-3L of milk a day that sounds insane. I cant even drink 2-3l of water a day without it being really hot out.

Hit 80kg today!!!!!!!!! been trying to get to that weight for the past 3 years! Was 65kg all those years ago.

So happy with getting 80kg, its awesome. No body fat in that 80kg either.

Plus the amount of weight I can lift now has gone through the roof compared to when I started. Was only doing 15kg shrugs 5 months ago when I started this time round, now I'm doing 35kg. Was doing 15kg bicep curls, now I'm up to 20kg+.

So stoked with hitting my goal though. I guess its time to set a new goal now, 90kg sounds good lol.